Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

I received this email and hoped that someone would like to represent Brisbane Local Food at these discussions.  I am looking for one volunteer for 31 May.   
Dear Brisbane Local Food team,

I am a Research Assistant from Griffith University working for Associate Professor Jason Byrne. We are investigating how we might enable social innovation in climate change adaptation in Australia. Our project is limited to the metropolitan areas of Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and South East Queensland. We are a team comprised of researchers from RMIT University, Macquarie University, Curtin University and Griffith University. We have been funded by the Australian Research Council. We are now in the third year of the 3 year project.

Our project website is here: https://localclimateinitiatives.wordpress.com

So far we have audited climate change adaptation plans in the four metropolitan areas, undertaken a survey of projects that are underway, identified innovative local governments and non-government organisations, and undertaken interviews with representatives of two local governments and two non-government organisations in each state.

Our final step is to run three focus groups in each metropolitan area to fill in the gaps in our knowledge. The focus groups are intended to target three different types of organisation: (i) state and local government; (ii) business and (iii) non-government organisations.

Given the extensive work that Brisbane Local Food has undertaken in this area, we are wondering if we might be able to have a representative of your organisation participating in our focus group for non-government organisations?

The focus group will involve between 6 - 12 people. It will take about 90 minutes. We have a series of questions that we can use to guide the discussion and Jason Byrne will be the moderator. The session will be recorded on digital audio recorders. We will transcribe the focus group for analysis.

We are aiming at running the focus group on May 31st 10:30-12:00 at Griffith University - South Bank Campus. However, we are still confirming availability of potential participants.

I am looking forward to hearing from you. We hope that Brisbane Local Food would like to participate with us in this national research project.

Sincerely - Tania
Enabling social innovation for local climate adaptability
An ARC Discovery Project DP150100299, led by RMIT University, Centre for Urban Research in partnership with Griffith University, Macquarie 

Views: 52

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow! Great to be involved. Andy do I take it that you will be participating? Someone with good knowledge of BLF and who is available through the week in town. Hint, hint ;-)

Sadly no, Elaine.  I have folks that I provide care for, so my free time is limited.  

Bit short notice to find someone. 

It looks like a worthwhile project, one that we could contribute to, but why is the notice so short? I hope there is someone who could get involved, but when the project has been going for three years, you would think that they could plan ahead a bit better. It certainly needs someone who has a good knowledge of BLF. It is a pity that Andy cannot make it. What about Dianne, or Rob?

It was my fault Roger.  I was intending on going but can't make it. 

I could make that day - not sure if I'd be the best rep for BLF though.

You would be perfect Gayle!

Thank you Gayle :)

RSS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Organic Farm Share

Ads by Google

© 2017   Created by Farina Murray.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service