Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

We have longans for sale at our farm gate stall. Super fresh - picked daily. Come and pick some up from 116 W Lindsay Road, Wamuran or contact me to discuss delivery options. 

 Longans are from the Lychee and Rambutan family of fruits; 
 The skin is golden brown, thin and leathery; 
 Peel longans as you do lychees to reveal the translucent pulp covering a smooth shiny black seed; 
 Sweet, aromatic and slightly musky taste. 

Longans should be firm to the touch when ripe. Your longans are best stored in a plastic bag in the fridge (maintaining moisture to the fruit) and will keep like this for around a week. If storing at room temperature your fruit will keep for 2-3 days. 

 Eat fresh and chilled all by themselves; 
 Serve with ice-cream; 
 Great for contrast and colour on a fruit platter; 
 Add to your stir-fry; 
 Use in baking to make delicious desserts; 
 Pulp can be frozen or dried to ensure you have longans all year-round.

Views: 320

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh yum. I have a big weekend on already but will do my darndest to get out there somehow to buy some. Will they still be cropping the following weekend Maria? Much quieter for me then.

Sorry for taking so long to reply Lissa - busy old weekend!  Yes, we should still be going this weekend, perhaps drop me a line before you come to double check we have any fruit left.  Enjoy your week.

Will PM you Maria :)

Good evening Maria,

Do you produce any longan plants?

If so would you be interested in selling them?

Regards,

Angeles

Hi Angeles,

No, we don't have any Longan plants available. Perhaps something I will look into at some stage.

Regards, Maria

Thoroughly enjoying my Longans :) Thank you Maria.

So pleased to hear that - you got the last lot of our season! Sorry I missed you on Friday.

I've been very greedy with them to boot! Offered to share but have kept the lot for myself.

Got to see your beaut giant chicken run in person :)

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

VETIVER COMMUNITY PROJECT

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

The Vetiver Community Project is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service