Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

Hi everyone
Does anyone know any information about the starting of a community garden in Logan? Evidently Lyn Buffett is the convenor, but i don't know her contact. Can anyone help with contact details please so I can forward info to interested parties to help with the garden set up? Linda

Views: 128

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Linda

She's on BLF - you could send her a message asking for her email/ phone

If they are on the computer you can always direct people to her page on BLF so they can contact her that way (although I think you have to join to be able to write on someone's wall or send them a message). That way if email or phone details change it won't matter, which can be very handy
Lyn sometimes comes to garden visits - she was at the last one in Jane Street, and the one before at Mick's house. She has a wee little baby so has probably been a bit busy lately... :)

http://brisbanelocalfood.ning.com/profile/LynCliff?xg_source=profil...
Yup: I am part of the group, as is Lyn as is Kathy Faldt and many more who are on here. We have met 4 times, have become clear about our goals and structure and besides several gardens that are starting, we are trying to help council to have the right info to create a good policy. Right now they don't have any and they are worried about vandalism.
More can be found on https://groups.google.com/group/Logan_CAN?hl=en which has all our group's discussions to date Send email to this group: Logan_CAN@googlegroups.com
Meeting first Thursday of the month.
Cheers
Thanks Gabrielle
I will pass on this info to Karen who is interested in becoming ionvolved. ll the best with the council. I hope they develop a sensible policy for community gardens.
Linda Brennan
Ecobotanica

If you wish to follow our journey, join the just created group on this site.

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service