Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

Hi,

I am part of a new community garden in Fitzgibbon and look after the composting and worm farming.

We expect the gardens to be ready sometime in June/July and would like to start our composting bin, and are looking around for hopefully free Horse/Sheep/Chook Manure. Can anyone point me into the right direction?

We are located in North Brisbane near Carseldine.

I look forward to learning from all of you here too!

Cheers,

Matt

Views: 826

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There are various stables in the back streets of Deagon that put out bags of horse manure for free. It is very hit and miss so unless you can just do the drive around on your way to/from somewhere it would not be cost effective. Also the horses there are mostly in training so there may be additives in this stable manure that are not present in general paddock manure.
I know it is out of the way but have you rung Jan at Greenbank?
This is what she says....I have a huge amount of horse manure to be raked up and taken away by keen, eager, happy gardeners to use as mulch and fertiliser for their gardens. It can be laid straight on the garden bed as a mulch or soaked in a bucket of water and made into liquid fertiliser which the plants love.
THIS MANURE NEEDS TO BE GONE BEFORE WE GET ANY MORE RAIN - PLEASEEEEEE COME AND GET IT.
So bring your trailer, ute, bags or car boot and a couple of rakes and a couple of spades and don't forget a couple of people with muscles and help yourself to FREE mulch and fertiliser.
And you will be helping me out too as there is way too much there for me to rake up and dispose of by myself.
Greenbank is the suburb, Sunday is not a good day to come, phone is 32975103

Thanks Susanne.. I'll look though when I have time.. this week is crazy busy for me... Thanks for the headsup...

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service