Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

List of community gardens in SE Queesland

Grow Local Community Gardens Directory

Views: 390

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi everyone - if you have a garden you would like to list dont hesitate to contact us through the website and we will happily list you for free. If you have a business that supplies local produce the listing is only $50+GST per year for Grow Local - contact us now and we will happily load your info! Its a great network. Thanks to Brisbane Local Food for helping us spread the good work of local gardens and produce!

They have Vege Village Peregian Beach under Moreton Shire listing which is a little out of the territory, but no doubt worth a visit. The others I hadn't heard of.

Was in contact with a group a couple of years ago who were trying to get a CG going out the back of Petrie and paid them a visit but I think it's now defunct.

Thanks Lissa - will move the Perigian Beach garden to correct shire - Sunshine Coast I would think :)

Thanks for having a look!

Hi Maryanne ... under Moreton, the Permaculture Caboolture no longer runs the organic farmer's market. You could check at the CREEC website. The one at North Lakes I believe only runs on the 1st and 3rd Sundays; we haven't been to it in years and plan to go soon so we can update that info. It never was really a farmer's market, and last time we visited there was precious little food to buy but plenty of frilly things. And Vanessa does not run a farmer's market according to her, anyway. I enquired about the Bribie Island one if there were vegetable/fruit farmers selling there and she said not. 'Farmer's Market' seems like a very indistinct description, a bit like 'free range' is becoming: something you want but probably won't get.

Thanks so much Elaine, I will check and update - much appreciated!

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service