Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

FOR THOSE WHO RESPONDED (I will delete this topic later) THIS VENUE IS NOW CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC AND NO LONGER DOING TOURS.

I'm organising a visit to the farm and would like to know who, if any, might be interested in coming along.......

Gowinta Farms is a 150 acre fruit and vegetable farm in Beerwah, about 80 kilometres north of Brisbane. The farms produce is distributed nationally and exported to New Zealand. Gowinta Farms is open to the public for tours and activities.

Guests can tour the farm on the Gowinta Express, an open air carriage towed behind a tractor. The tour will show visitors the crops, which include strawberries, pineapples, cucumber, capsicum and tomatoes, and ends with a bird's eye view of the two story packing shed. The journey will include commentary on how the farm is run and a viewing of the workers harvesting and picking the crops.

The pick your own strawberry experience allows guests to run wild in the 600 acre strawberry farm. Staff will be on hand to assist with choosing the tastiest, freshest strawberries, which guests can take home with them.

Afterwards, enjoy breakfast, lunch or a quick snack in the Gowinta Farms Cafe, which serves freshly cooked meals using the farms produce. Guests can also purchase fruit, vegetables, jams and chutneys to take home.

Entry and unlimited access to Gowinta Farms is $10 for adults, $7 for pensioners and $5 for children. The farm is open seven days a week from 8.00am until 4.00pm.

Views: 262

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Too much to hope that it would be organic … 

Sounds great ! I would certainly be interested in an outing, work permitting.

I'm a bit like Nina - no, not a woman! - I mean it depends on the date and what I have on. 

I have heard back from them....they are now closed to the public and no longer doing tours. Very sad.

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service