Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

A recipe by Dominique Liv Kamal - Naturapath

Slice thinly 205 grams of both fresh Turmeric and fresh Ginger. Add 1/4 cup of Himalayan Rock Salt. Fill a large saucepan with water, and boil for 4 hours. until reduced to at least half. Top up with water again and boil again for 4 hours. Add 3 litres of Almond milk and 300 grams of raw honey. heat to melt and mix honey. Add pepper to taste if required.

Views: 127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This recipe I got by attending a session at the Qld Garden Expo at Nambour. The session was on using Turmeric and Ginger to reduce acidity in the body for arthritis sufferers. Dominique maintains that most people who have a traditional meat eating western diet have an imbalance of too much acid in their bodies. This, she maintains, endangers us all to an increased risk of a series of problems including Arthritis and Cancers.

Oh so good - I have both T and G home-grown. Make Almond milk anyway. Fully in favour of alkaline-rich diet. Adding juices to help alkaline along.

Did the author suggest an amount to have per day or with/before/after meals? Good to know more details.

No, she didn't or if she did I missed it. She has a website, www.medecineroom.com.au but I didn't find any reference to Golden Milk on the website. You are probably much more efficient than I at finding out info from websites though so let me know if you find out, please.

Just noticed that I put 205 instead of 250 grams of both T and G   !!!!!! my typing skills are not good!!!!

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service