Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

Giveaway - Pepino cuttings, Jackfruit seedlings x 2, Nopales cuttings x 2

Pepino - blooming at the moment (Nov) but cuttings can still be found if needed, let me know if you are anywhere near Strathpine for collection.

Jackfruit have now found homes - thank you. I would have hated to waste them!

Nopales (edible cactus pads) cuttings can be taken regularly if anyone would like to try this interesting green.

Views: 787

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

*Lies* = Lissa...damnyouautocorrect!

I answer to all sorts of things :)

Have sent an email Josh. PM still not working for you here.

I would love to try a Pepino cutting, and a Nopales if you still have them.

I will cut off a pad for you Lyn and will take some more Pepino cuttings as have just given the others away.

I'll PM you with my address for collection :)

Hi Lissa,

Would love Nopales cutting if you still have any. I haven't had nopales since I lived in Mexico in 2006 and I never realised I could grow my own here! Was really excited to see your message. If you don't have any, could you let me know where else I could get some?

Thanks,
Cat

You are welcome to a pad Cat - I'll send my address so you can come pick one up.

Maybe you can give me some hints on cooking them as so far all I've done is fry it up with bacon and other veg. I find them a little bitey in flavour - is that how you remember them?

Message I sent mentions Pepinos Cat - ignore that, just a brain fart - I have a Nopales for you.

Hi Lissa, i'd love to swing by and pick up some pepino cuttings if they're still available. Where are you located? Mayye i could come this weekend?

Morning Gemma.

I'm at Strathpine - apparently I've already sent a Friend Request to you (for Private Messaging) at some point but you have missed it and not accepted. I can't send again from my end, you will need to send one to me (or accept the original friend request).

You will need to click on my name, click on Send Messages (should be at the top), and send me a friend request so I can send back my details.

If all else fails ph my mobile 0414 445 581 :)

Here's a pic of two of the fruit Elaine gave me yesteday, just to inspire you and show what you can get from this generous little rambling bush.

Elaine grows hers in a wicking bed and feeds them Organic Xtra. I'm guessing they get so big, and delicious, due to a good supply of water.

Thank you so very much for the pepino cuttings. It was an unexpected, though welcome, surprise. It is very much appreciated!

No worries Rhondda :) Lets hope you like the fruit when they grow.

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service