Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

I have made the event Garden Visits with the hope that Members would be interested in meeting person to person , viewing new gardens , swapping ideas, plants , cuttings , materials , etc . My wife & I have for a number of years been keen on attending the Open Garden Scheme events , I have found them to be a great source of ideas , but they have not had much ( with the occasional exception ) in the vegetable garden area .As this site has attracted a wide range of people , I can only assume that there is also a wide range of gardens , experience & Knowledge amongst its members too tap into . My own garden is a very haphazard affair , we are of very limited resources , but are keen to share what we have . As with the Open Garden Scheme the garden visits will need hosts and visitors , do not feel any obligation to host if you wish to visit ,or to be of any particular standard if you would like to host . to me the more diverse the gardens & gardeners the better .

Views: 44

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Chris, my garden is quite small and unfortunately I don't look after it as much as I should. However, I would be happy to share my garden with anyone who would like to come and have a look. I'd also be interested in looking at gardens in my area too.
welcome Vanessa , great to have your participatation . I too don' t look after my garden as much as I should ,so i hope we can share some ideas on this . Karen & I are looking forward to seeing you here on the 22nd feb at another event soon .
Hello

I'm happy to have a morning in our garden. I'll have to resurrect it a bit first. March or April sounds good.
Am keen to visit occasionally too.

SJP
Thank,s for your support Scarlett . Can we put you down for a visit last Sunday in April ?.
Yes, sounds good. I can have nice Autumn planting done by then.
SJP
I don't seem to be able to reply to the other discussion...

Anyways, Hi Chris ~

I think it's a very good idea, I'd like to join in as a visitor if that's okay ^__^ as I don't have a garden myself.

Although I have full access to my parents' garden (more like a big patch of weed) to do what I want, but I don't think it's a good idea to hold a morning at their place..
You would be more than welcome as a visitor (carn,t be a host without visitor,s ) .looking forward to seeing you on the 22nd feb .
Hi Christopher
What a great idea. My garden is a sad little thing at the moment - i live in a town house, it is a 6mx16m postage stamp back yard, dominated by the hill's hoist! BUT, I am slowly working on improving the soil with a worm farm and open compost heap. I am limited to herbs at the moment, but as the soil improves and I raise the beds for food production, I'd be very happy to have people over. It may take a year or so, but it is always great to have a goal to aim for - it will give me a timeframe for putting my ideas into practice - rather than just dreaming of putting them into practice! I am looking forward to visiting your garden in February
Fi
Hi Fiona ,I will take you at your word and put you down for a Garden Visit in Jan 2010 .
Hi all, I have made my event for the second garden visit at my place - please let me know if anything's wrong- I haven't posted an event before! I hope to see as many of you there as possible.

Vanessa

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service