Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

I have made the event Garden Visits with the hope that Members would be interested in meeting person to person , viewing new gardens , swapping ideas, plants , cuttings , materials , etc . My wife & I have for a number of years been keen on attending the Open Garden Scheme events , I have found them to be a great source of ideas , but they have not had much ( with the occasional exception ) in the vegetable garden area .As this site has attracted a wide range of people , I can only assume that there is also a wide range of gardens , experience & Knowledge amongst its members too tap into . My own garden is a very haphazard affair , we are of very limited resources , but are keen to share what we have . As with the Open Garden Scheme the garden visits will need hosts and visitors , do not feel any obligation to host if you wish to visit ,or to be of any particular standard if you would like to host . to me the more diverse the gardens & gardeners the better .

Views: 46

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Chris, my garden is quite small and unfortunately I don't look after it as much as I should. However, I would be happy to share my garden with anyone who would like to come and have a look. I'd also be interested in looking at gardens in my area too.
welcome Vanessa , great to have your participatation . I too don' t look after my garden as much as I should ,so i hope we can share some ideas on this . Karen & I are looking forward to seeing you here on the 22nd feb at another event soon .
Hello

I'm happy to have a morning in our garden. I'll have to resurrect it a bit first. March or April sounds good.
Am keen to visit occasionally too.

SJP
Thank,s for your support Scarlett . Can we put you down for a visit last Sunday in April ?.
Yes, sounds good. I can have nice Autumn planting done by then.
SJP
I don't seem to be able to reply to the other discussion...

Anyways, Hi Chris ~

I think it's a very good idea, I'd like to join in as a visitor if that's okay ^__^ as I don't have a garden myself.

Although I have full access to my parents' garden (more like a big patch of weed) to do what I want, but I don't think it's a good idea to hold a morning at their place..
You would be more than welcome as a visitor (carn,t be a host without visitor,s ) .looking forward to seeing you on the 22nd feb .
Hi Christopher
What a great idea. My garden is a sad little thing at the moment - i live in a town house, it is a 6mx16m postage stamp back yard, dominated by the hill's hoist! BUT, I am slowly working on improving the soil with a worm farm and open compost heap. I am limited to herbs at the moment, but as the soil improves and I raise the beds for food production, I'd be very happy to have people over. It may take a year or so, but it is always great to have a goal to aim for - it will give me a timeframe for putting my ideas into practice - rather than just dreaming of putting them into practice! I am looking forward to visiting your garden in February
Fi
Hi Fiona ,I will take you at your word and put you down for a Garden Visit in Jan 2010 .
Hi all, I have made my event for the second garden visit at my place - please let me know if anything's wrong- I haven't posted an event before! I hope to see as many of you there as possible.

Vanessa

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

VETIVER COMMUNITY PROJECT

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

The Vetiver Community Project is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service