Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

I was contacted by a lovely lady today who is marketing manager for Humanitarian Coffee.  They run 5 shops in the Brisbane city centre.  The company would like to give us the coffee grounds from all five stores.  This is something I have been trying to achieve in my own area with no luck.  We are talking a couple of hundred kilos of grounds a week.  As you know, you can grow mushrooms in them, use them in compost, use them pretty much as mulch - it's a great resource and would save a lot of landfill.  

I intend to meet with them next week to talk about the logistics of pick-ups etc. They are in corporate buildings so really only want one person doing pick-ups.  

My main issue is to see who is interested in getting access to this free resource.  This would be one occasion where I would happily consider a north/south side thing.  We could identify a person in the middle of each side of town.  Arrange delivery/pick-up and that would decrease the need for us to travel to collect.  Two pick-up points, if you will.  

Who is interested?  For how much potentially (1 bag a week, a 50 litre bin a week etc)?  Potential depot sites?   Let me know what you think. 

Views: 151

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds good to me.  And yes charge a fee to, at the very least, cover your costs.

RSS

Support Brisbane Local Food

Please support our Brisbane Local Food community.  Donations can be made directly to Andy's paypal account.  These are in Australian dollars.  Donations of $5 and above will be gratefully received and used only to pay for BLF web-hosting.  A donation of $25 will pay to host the site for a calendar month!

Donate to BLF on this link

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

© 2018   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service