Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

I feel stunned - just returned from BOGI Fair with another load of plants - did managed to get several things on my list TEA, Yellow Jaboticaba, Vanilla vine ( orchard) Pandan Amarylliious, and Atherton Almond so there I was thinking thats it ! no more but even before we got home I have a new wish list !!!!! yellow and red gramachamas, Capulin Cherry ( heres hoping those wonderful cuttings take Dianne ) more figs pecans lets try 
Chestnuts  Hazlenuts walnuts and  Almonds, oh then we will need some more pepper - my pepper vine has disapearred!and then and then =   WILL WE EVER HAVE EVERYTHING  we can grow and can I give up work so I can grow it all? Oh and after last weeks GV I want a Tangelo !!!! 

Views: 233

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nasturtiums can take over if you let them. Just keep them under control! Easy as since they are short-lived annuals without an extensive root system. Just break the stem off at ground level and heave the growth onto somewhere it can rot down. In situ compost or mulch. Enjoy the flowers and pick the seeds to pickle if you've a mind or just let them self-seed.

You can probably rejoin BOG online. I pay our subs online tho I did rejoin at the fair one year.

I was at BOGI yesterday too but was very restrained in my purchases.   No more trees purchased, although I did hum and harr over the yellow Jaboticaba.  Space is now a premium but weakened and picked up some more herbs, just have to find somewhere to plant them.  I wish you had not mentioned Tangelo, now I want one.

Well done Cheryl, using restraint sometimes is best.  The yellow jaboticaba has not interested me, I thought the flavour was not there.  But the tangelo is something else, with it's juice running down your cheek, yum.  We had a minneola and it was so juicy.   It has been turned to compost when we needed the space for something else. 

Elaine you were right of course last night we walked into the chook pen opened the roosting door grabbed a chook and cut its feathers on one wing - 4 chooks 2 minutes tops all over red rover !!!! no wonder the foxes get them so easily at night they just causally opened an eye and watched ! not a single moment ! 

nope the chooks werent getting out by flying - the little mink picked up the wire with her head and the others crawled out the she followed !!!! will have to rewire the free range area !!!! 

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service