Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

Just had to share this one from the Annette McFarlane website. Think I'll give it a go with a GF cake mix today :)

CHOKO CHOCOLATE CAKE

Ingredients:

• 1½ cups sugar

• 2½ cups plain flour

• ½ cup milk

• 2 egg

• 1 teasp vanilla essence

• 125g butter (at room temp)

• 1 cup sugar

• 1 tablespoon cocoa

• 1 teasp Bicarb soda

• ½ teasp cinnamon

• ½ teasp salt

• 2 cups grated choko

Method:
Cream butter and half the sugar. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Gradually add dry ingredients including balance of sugar. Add choko and mix gently. Bake at 160º C in 23cm spring-form tin for 50-60 minutes. Cool in the tin for five minutes. To glaze melt 60g butter + 125g dark chocolate in a double boiler. Add 1 tablespoon milk and 1 tablespoon golden syrup when the chocolate mixture is smooth. Spoon onto cooled cake.

Courtesy ABC Listener

Views: 751

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Made a version of this yesterday but tweeked it to my own needs.

Grated half of one of my chokos and some zuchinni a work mate had grown to make up the two cups, used Cadbury Drinking Choc (because that's all I had) and a box of Basco GF cake mix.

Made some icing using Kefir cream cheese (nice and tangy) mixed with some icing sugar.

Altogether quite a nice cake.

Thanks for the recipe Lissa.  I have a feeling I might need it when my choko starts producing.

It's been good eating for a few days - almost all gone.

The Kefier mixed with icing sugar was a pleasant surprise. Tastes just like lemon icing. Would be great on a carrot cake...which I intend to buy a packet of next and mix some choko in :)

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service