Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

Is anybody interested in purchasing certified organic seed potato-all varieties-will deliver

Views: 59

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not personally but perhaps telling us the price and where the crop was grown will help to get some interest from BLFers.

Hello

I am a biological agriculture consultant/local organic grower in Hunter Valley. I work with organic growers on eastern seaboard advising, sourcing and selling produce. I have a masters in natural resources. I have certified organic (ACO), G4, seed potato: Dutch Cream @ $8.00 kg; I have other varieties as well if needed. I will deliver. I have large quantities of the Dutch Cream and not many of the other varieties-I can promise on the Dutch Cream and will try to accomodate on the others. Seed potato as you know are used for growing, not eating. These seed potatoes are from a generational family farm in Guyra, NSW. The Guyra district is protected by a NSW Government Quarantine Proclamation, which restricts the entry of potatoes into the seed growing areas. This ensures the seed growing districts remain free of pests and diseases such as potato cyst nematode and bacterial wilt.

Safe Seed Pledge

Agriculture and seeds provide the basis upon which our lives depend. We must protect this foundation as a safe and genetically stable source for future generations. For the benefit of farmers, gardeners and consumers who want an alternative, we pledge that we do not knowingly buy or sell genetically engineered plants or seeds. Further, we wish to support agricultural progress that leads to healthier soils, genetically diverse agricultural ecosystems and ultimately people and communities.No synthetic chemicals, herbicides, pesticides or fumigants are used on our farms. I make my own compost/fertiliser using local waste inputs, worms, BD preps, indigenous MO’s, local composted manures, have gravity fed dam water, pressure compensated drip lines and conduct regular soil tests.

These potatoes are in 20 kg bags? There is, on average, 10-15 tubers in a kg. . My preferred minimum order is 40kg. I need to know early next week as I will be in your area next weekend. 

I also have ACO certified turmeric @$18.00 a kg. Minimum order of 10kg.

Thanks Chris!

Chris, I'd love to buy seed potatoes from you but wouldn't be in the market for more than a kilo on my own.  Not enough room in my plot sadly. I probably could order a second kilo for the community garden at work but it is probably not worth your time to organise for just a minuscule order. When is your deadline to finalise orders?

Hi Cathie. Early this week would be great. Lets see how many kgs you can generate interest from. I can always put a couple of extra bags in my ute when I head up north coast on Fri. My phone number is 0400 331 553. Keep me informed. Do you have a contact no? Chris.

Hi Chris

I would be interested in buying 2kgs.

RSS

Support Brisbane Local Food

Please support our Brisbane Local Food community.  Donations can be made directly to Andy's paypal account.  These are in Australian dollars.  Donations of $5 and above will be gratefully received and used only to pay for BLF web-hosting.  A donation of $25 will pay to host the site for a calendar month!

Donate to BLF on this link

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

© 2018   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service