Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

I've made " BEER " in 5 : that's FIVE days.  Christine and I enjoyed a glass with some " Beer Nuts "  this afternoon.

I bought some Malted Barley and some Hops, and  experimented over the last month or more: I'm a shocker on documentation, so I hope I can remember what I did? Well my harshest critic likes it, but then, we are both not beer connoisseurs.

Views: 136

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well done mate. 

My beer making days are behind me...but I suspect that looks darn good.

Would be interesting to know how you did it - I buy it from BUCHI at Northy Street and it would be much cheaper if I could produce some myself

Not sure how you did it in such a short time but do you know James if you slow it down the beer will taste better. The higher the temperature the faster to brew but the more chance of unwanted flavours. Also, the beer will continue to get better for months stored in their bottles. That said if you need beer quickly and don't want to buy the commercial rubbish then this may be the way to go.

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service