* spring roll papers (buy in the frozen asian section of the supermarket)
* bananas (not cavandesh)
* oil (for frying)
1. Separate out the defrosted spring roll papers. Is very tedious. Have a slightly damp chux to throw over the top so they do not dry out. You can pile them back on top of each other. Save the plastic bag they came in to freeze them.
2. Cut banana's in 1/2 and to size. The ones we had today were perfect size - smallish lady fingers.
3. Lay 1/2 a banana on the diagonal a bout 1/3 of the way. Sprinkle with a bit of sugar and fold the triangle piece over (sorry not the best picture)
5. with last fold, dip your finger in a bit of water and run it along the edge of the spring roll wrapper and fold over to seal the wrapper.
6. Stack into plastic and freeze (can drop into the oil frozen) or fry straight away.
So it's essentially deep fried Banana inside a rice wrap, rather than a wheat batter. Do you add any spices or herbs? And do you serve them with anything eg cream or coconut yoghurt?
Yep to everything. Whatever takes your fancy..,. People were suggesting a sprinkle of cinnamon but in this house we like them plain served with ice cream.