Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

A little left of field.

My daughter has just been offered a Librarian job in Alice Springs. She will leave either Dec or Jan to take up the post depending on which bit of social media you read.

I've been looking at AS on google maps. Traveling up and down the streets and generally getting used to the place without actually visiting. Dry, hot and very little growing out there apart from native trees by the look. No grass or greenery to be seen except for the gum leaves.

Does anyone here have any experience with Alice in any way shape or form?

Views: 198

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The restaurant is an oasis in that landscape. I could never live there. It would kill me spiritually.

Any time between Easter and the end of September is good. Beware that the nights in winter do get down to 0C. with sunny but cool days.  My choice would be closer to Easter as less tourists (if that is possible), greener and more water in waterholes etc.. 

You will have no problem filling in your days around Alice. My picks would be RFDS tour, Olive Pink Reserve, museums , Pioneer Womens Hall of Fame and the Overland Telegraph Station (also where you'll will find Alice's Spring). 

Thanks Ruth :)

I'll keep those dates in mind while I wait to see how she settles in and what sort of accommodation she has (can she put up one Mum??).

Hi Lissa

I have been out there once before.

My son has spent a year out there and is returning there in January .

He really loves it. Will have a chat with you next week as I am hoping to get to Gayles .

That sounds good Nina. Perhaps he can introduce Clare to the social life of the area.

Hopefully see you at Gayles :)

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service