Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

Queensland Conservation, in partnership with a number of leading community organisations, has drafted a strategy which aims to increase the production and consumption of local, fresh, ecologically grown produce. The organisations are now seeking public input into that strategy, which is available online at http://qccqld.org.au/Grow-Local-News.html.

The development of this strategy was the major action agreed to from the Grow Local forum held at Griffith University in February. Comments close on Friday 17 July and should be directed to sam@wombatcreative.com.au. Enquiries to 0421 709 519.

DRAFT STRATEGY

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A forum for local and state government agencies will be held during the week of 20 July. The forum will focus on the draft SEQ food strategy (QCC) and how we go about gaining commitment from agencies for resources, funding and support.

If you work for local or state government and would like to attend this forum, please contact Samantha Morris, sam@wombatcreative.com.au with your details and you will be kept abreast of plans.
I've filled in the Food Strategy SEQ June 2009 version.doc and sent it back. I've found an article about a couple of new estates in Victoria where the plan included fruit trees, wish there are estates like that in Brisbane, then I would be a potential buyer :P

http://www.theage.com.au/national/growing-trend-for-palatable-shape...
good on you Florence :)
I highly recommend Bill Mollison's "The Global Gardener" video on this front. It's in the BCC library, or was a few years ago. It has a section on 'Village Homes" in Davis California - it's an edible estate design put in in the 80s. It's totally amazing. I had a look on youtube, but Bill's segment is the best. It's in the last quarter of the video I think - the drylands one.

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service