Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

All Discussions Tagged 'to' (11)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

GARLIC - Prep, Planting, Growing, Harvest & Storage.

Best detailed post ive read about growing your own garlic and the best part is, its Australian site {so for our climate and condition's}  a…

Started by Vanessa Thompson

10 Jun 2, 2014
Reply by Elaine de Saxe

Canning tomatoes step by step

Canning Tomatoes Step by Step Roger Doiron Apr 13, 2012 Crops:tomato Season:summer Topics:Food preservation…

Started by Lissa

20 Mar 2, 2013
Reply by Lissa

Field identification of the 50 most common plant families in temperate regions

Good identification guide if you have an idea what something might be and/or you don't mind browsing. No key unfortunately. Field guide t…

Started by Scarlett

0 Jul 18, 2012

What happened to my carrots?

It may be be the size and shape of a strawberry but I assure you this carrot has not been photoshop'ped. :) The handful of carrots I grew…

Started by Joseph

23 Jul 4, 2012
Reply by Joseph

Transition Farms

I can recoment the book Transition Farms by Bev Buckley, all Australian. Bev talks to Farmers & Market Gardeners making the transition…

Started by Jane

0 Jun 8, 2012

collecting Tatsoi seeds

Has anyone collected seeds from Tatsoi before?  Mine is in flower, but can find very little information about collecting seeds from it.  Ie…

Started by Tracy Arnold

5 Sep 5, 2011
Reply by Scarlett

Bananas

http://brisbanelocalfood.ning.com/photo/will-these-bananas-ripen?commentId=2047708%3AComment%3A42554&xg_source=activity There's some gr…

Started by Elaine de Saxe

7 Mar 1, 2011
Reply by Scarlett

Taste testing pigeon peas

My pigeon pea pods have grown to a decent size, but not yet dried and I thought they look like soy beans being hairy pods... so I thought I…

Started by Florence

25 May 12, 2010
Reply by Scarlett

Adding photos to blogs

I seem to remember reading someone (Donna?) giving advice on the best way to add photos to blogs... but can't find it... I've loaded my lat…

Started by Addy

5 Jan 25, 2010
Reply by Donna

Vietnamese mint (laksa leaves)

The vietnamese mint has taken over one of my garden beds, which I want to prepare Chinese greens. Tomorrow I am going to pull out heaps of…

Started by Addy

2 Jan 24, 2010
Reply by Addy

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2019   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service