Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

All Discussions Tagged 'seeds' (19)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Pineapple Seeds

When cutting open a recent store bought pineapple, I noticed some seeds. The seeds were present at the inside extremities of the skin, and…

Started by Rob Collings

15 Apr 9
Reply by Rob Collings

REGENERATION INTERNATIONAL - cool the planet feed the world

REGENERATION INTERNATIONAL Sign the Pact for the Earth – Terra Viva, Earth Democracy By Vandana Shiva Humanity stands at the edge of an a…

Started by Lissa

0 Nov 30, 2015

Canna Lilly Seeds

Much as I love canna lilies, plants are so difficult to locate. I've grown plenty of canna indicus -- Indian shot canna -- from seed  so I'…

Started by Dave Riley

6 Oct 21, 2015
Reply by Dave Riley

NZ Food Bill - craziness just across the puddle

From NZ FOOD SECURITY: Updates We predict that the Honorable Kate Wilkinson may do a shifty over her pledge to amend the Food Bill so it…

Started by Lissa

2 Mar 25, 2014
Reply by Lissa

Seedtabs

Here's a little business venture just waiting for the right person. From ORGANIC CONNECTIONS: SeedTabs: Forget the Gum and Grab Some Seeds…

Started by Lissa

0 Mar 25, 2014

Paw Paw Questions - Propagating

We bought a red paw paw yesterday and want to grow some more so kept the seeds to plant. There are some white and some black seeds. Can som…

Started by Donna

42 May 13, 2013
Reply by Elaine de Saxe

Seeds suppliers and fruit tree nurseries

Just thought this would be interest to most of us, these are all the ones I know of. I'd love to know more closer to home where there's a s…

Started by Florence

54 Oct 12, 2012
Reply by Anne Gibson

Seed and Tool Supplier

Although these folks are down south - Gundaroo is near Canberra, they have a fascinating range of tools. One of the weirdest and maybe most…

Started by Elaine de Saxe

18 Jun 17, 2012

Commercial Vege Seeds and Seedlings

An American report about seeds owned by Monsanto. Some of the varieties are available here. Good to know what not to buy.

Started by Elaine de Saxe

0 Feb 28, 2012

Growing your own sprouts

I've had this sprouter since the 1980s. It used to have three trays, but I lost one of the little red valve things, so now it only has two.…

Started by Scarlett

3 Jan 2, 2012
Reply by Anne Gibson

RSS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Organic Farm Share

Ads by Google

© 2017   Created by Farina Murray.   Powered by