Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

All Discussions Tagged 'plant' (18)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Review ... Kumbartcho sanctuary and Nursery - Yuraba Conference Centre

I went to the talk yesterday morning... LIVE AND GARDEN BETTER, WITH GERRY AND CLAIRE "Even those with the smallest of gardens and the le…

Started by Susanne

21 Apr 9, 2016
Reply by Andrew Cumberland

Biological farming

From MERCOLA.COM (click link to see video): Story at a glance: The entire food chain is connected to soil health, from plant and insect he…

Started by Lissa

2 Dec 17, 2013
Reply by Lissa

No longer.....Looking for tubes

Hi all. Have just about used up all my tubes with cuttings etc. Does anyone have a surplus they don't want?

Started by Lissa

20 Jan 26, 2013
Reply by Lissa

Field identification of the 50 most common plant families in temperate regions

Good identification guide if you have an idea what something might be and/or you don't mind browsing. No key unfortunately. Field guide t…

Started by Scarlett

0 Jul 18, 2012

What's On Event Calendar for SEQ

Just letting everyone know Green Journey now has a daily updated What's On event calendar covering the majority of sustainable green events…

Started by Anne Gibson

0 Feb 2, 2012

Caper plants "Eureka" available

Long, long ago I put in an order for two Caper berry bushes and they now have stock. If anyone has eaten pickled capers they will know how…

Started by Lissa

13 Oct 25, 2011
Reply by Florence

How many leaves need to be an a banana plant for fruit to ripen?

I have read somewhere (a long time ago and can't find it again) that you need 8 leaves on a banana plant for them to fruit.   At the moment…

Started by Donna

2 Oct 12, 2011

Fruit Trees in Pots

Having run out of room in the garden for more fruit trees, it is time for me to start planting in pots.  This achieves a couple of things:*…

Started by Donna

5 Oct 4, 2010

How to Make Chili Plants Perennial

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=697613&p=39#r771 I stumbled upon this fantastic advice on Whirlpool from gimme shel…

Started by Donna

9 May 12, 2010
Reply by Elaine de Saxe

Article: What to grow and when in Brisbane

October 26, 2009  Organic permaculture in Brisbane: 'Bellis'. Jerry Coleby-Williams in his Brisbane garden. Photo: Scott Casey…

Started by Scarlett

0 May 7, 2010

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service