Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

All Discussions Tagged 'leaves' (11)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

HOW MANY LEAVES IN YOUR GARDEN - CAN YOU EAT?

We are sometimes unaware of the actual food source that we are growing in our own yard. If survival on green leaves were possible then mayb…

Started by Christa

4 Feb 3
Reply by Dave Riley

Leafy Greens Quiz

Since I'm much taken with my leafy greens options and had planned to write a little something about them ... I thought I'd instead offer a…

Started by Dave Riley

26 Oct 12, 2015
Reply by Lissa

What's killing my beans??

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone can help me identify this pest and help me treat my beans. Every time I grow beans they seem to take off…

Started by Vanessa Collier

64 Jun 29, 2012
Reply by Joseph

How many leaves need to be an a banana plant for fruit to ripen?

I have read somewhere (a long time ago and can't find it again) that you need 8 leaves on a banana plant for them to fruit.   At the moment…

Started by Donna

2 Oct 12, 2011

Sage variety with large leaves

Hi,   My sister who live in UK for a couple of years, she think she has the most unhealthy sage growing in her herb pot.. Her sage look nor…

Started by Joanne Chung

4 Aug 12, 2011
Reply by Scarlett

Prunings as mulch?

I have *finally* gotten back into the garden - it's a jungle out there!  It freaked me out so much that I took two days off work to try and…

Started by Donna

6 Jun 17, 2011
Reply by ElsieMay

Otak-Otak

Ingredients : 500g Fish - mackerel, salmon, threadfin or barramundi 250ml Thick coconut milk 2 pieces Small hen eggs or one duck egg 4…

Started by Addy

0 May 24, 2011

Flooded gardens. Resurrecting the mud covered gardens.

Resurrecting your flood affected garden Your garden is probably covered by a thick layer of smelly mud, washed into it by the recent floods…

Started by Linda Brennan

0 Jan 18, 2011

Watering/ Irrigation System Advice

I am over halfway through installing an irrigation system into my gardens.  It is a bit of mix and match as I have a variety of size hoses…

Started by Donna

4 Sep 14, 2010
Reply by Elaine de Saxe

Vietnamese mint (laksa leaves)

The vietnamese mint has taken over one of my garden beds, which I want to prepare Chinese greens. Tomorrow I am going to pull out heaps of…

Started by Addy

2 Jan 24, 2010
Reply by Addy

RSS

Support Brisbane Local Food

Please support our Brisbane Local Food community.  Donations can be made directly to Andy's paypal account.  These are in Australian dollars.  Donations of $5 and above will be gratefully received and used only to pay for BLF web-hosting.  A donation of $25 will pay to host the site for a calendar month!

Donate to BLF on this link

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

© 2019   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service