Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

All Discussions Tagged 'food' (140)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What we eat: how diverse is it?

On a weekly basis how many different foods do you feed your gut? Our hunter/gatherer ancestors maybe ingested up to 150 regularly each week…

Started by Dave Riley

3 May 18, 2016
Reply by Dave Riley

Confessions of a renegade doctor

From HEALTHINSIGHTUK: Confessions of a renegade doctor By Joanne McCormack Until fairly recently I was a pretty conventional medic. I gradu…

Started by Lissa

9 May 9, 2016
Reply by Lissa

To feed growing cities we need to stop urban sprawl eating up our food supply

From THE CONVERSATION: October 26, 2015 1.29pm AEDT If you’ve eaten any of the new season’s asparagus recently, it probably came from Koo…

Started by Lissa

9 Oct 30, 2015
Reply by Jeff Kiehne

LOCAL HARVEST - THE SUNSHINE COAST & SURROUNDS REGIONAL FOOD DIRECTORY

LOCAL HARVEST SUNSHINE COAST Discover the wealth of hidden foodie treasures grown and produced throughout the Sunshine Coast and Surrounds.…

Started by Lissa

0 Jul 23, 2015

What's Really In A Twinkie?

Now I realise these aren't sold in Australia (at least I don't think they are), but this makes for fascinating reading if you are at all in…

Started by Lissa

7 Jul 22, 2015
Reply by Jane

A Fair & Regenerative Food System

From AUSTRALIAN FOOD SOVEREIGNTY ALLIANCE: FOLLOW THE LINK ABOVE TO JOIN. Story by Tammi Jonas, AFSA President, May 2015 On Monday the 27t…

Started by Lissa

12 May 29, 2015
Reply by Andrew Cumberland

Australia says ‘no’ to the TPP!

From AUSTRALIAN FOOD SOVEREIGNTY ALLIANCE: Australia says ‘no’ to the TPP! AFSA joins action against Trans-Pacific Partnership May 24, 2…

Started by Lissa

6 May 29, 2015
Reply by DARREN JAMES

Local government and public place gardening — imposing limitations?

From AUSTRALIAN FOOD SOVEREIGNTY ALLIANCE: Local government and public place gardening — imposing limitations? Story by Russ Grayson, April…

Started by Lissa

9 May 28, 2015
Reply by Elaine de Saxe

National Produce Monitoring System, safety net for monitoring chemicals in Australia's domestic food, axed by Government

From ABC NEWS: By environment and science reporter Jake Sturmer Updated Wed at 9:16am Email Facebook Twitter A safety net for monitori…

Started by Lissa

13 Mar 21, 2015
Reply by DARREN JAMES

Community Screenings of Fair Food documentary

Hello everyone! We are looking for people/groups to host community screenings of the new Fair Food documentary in the upcoming months.  It…

Started by Louise Abson

1 Mar 4, 2015
Reply by Elaine de Saxe

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service