Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

All Discussions Tagged 'control' (14)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Slasher - Organic Weed Control

Thought this may be of interest to some.Slasher Weedkiller arrives!!! We are extremely pleased to announce the release of our organic herbi…

Started by Dianne Caswell

9 Jan 26
Reply by Dianne Caswell

Bacillus thuringiensis Dipel

Just wondering how many of you use this to control catapillars in your vege gardens ?I have looked at the saftey data sheet from yates and…

Started by Mark Thomson

19 Sep 3, 2016
Reply by DARREN JAMES

Organic control of fruit fly video

Interested in how to control fruit fly organically in your garden? Check out my little you tube video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ugUw

Started by Linda Brennan

2 Mar 18, 2012
Reply by Linda Brennan

Some of my favourite and most useful books

NB apologies if these amazon links don't stay current - and don't be afraid to support your local bookstore, GST or not! :)   These books a…

Started by Scarlett

0 Oct 23, 2011

"Natural Control of Garden Pests" by Jackie French

Ripper of a book this one. Jackie is the potion master - and she explains what the mode of action is, how to make the potions, and how to w…

Started by Scarlett

1 May 12, 2010
Reply by Scarlett

Fruit fly control

We had a few unusually warm days lately, I've just sown some tomato seeds last week and been thinking about fruit fly control. I've seen fl…

Started by Florence

47 May 4, 2010
Reply by Florence

About EcoNaturalure/ Success/ Spinosad

I first saw this on the GreenHarvest website and did that brand trust thing - it said it was organic and harmless, I trust Greenharrvest, I…

Started by Scarlett

8 May 1, 2010
Reply by Scarlett

Nematodes and their Organic Control

http://www2.dpi.qld.gov.au/horticulture/4855.html Root-knot nematodes (Meloidogyne spp.) are minute, worm-like animals which are very comm…

Started by Donna

9 Apr 22, 2010
Reply by Donna

Water Chestnuts

Discussing the practicalities of growing a plant which sits in still water ... We've come up with some questions to which we'd like to hea…

Started by Elaine de Saxe

16 Mar 17, 2010

Notes on Borax Uses in the Garden

Boron deficiency in passionfruit causes flower drop, while searching for the ratio to add Borax to my plants I found a number of sites with…

Started by Donna

3 Mar 1, 2010
Reply by Donna

RSS

Fresh Local Provisions: Fresh Food, Local and Online

About this site

Welcome to Brisbane Local Food (BLF)!

This site was created by Scarlett Patrick, to build capacity in the Brisbane  community for growing, buying, and living sustainably. Six years on, BLF is an important hub to promote, discuss, share and learn about local food growing, production, gardens, services and activities happening in our part of the world.

This site exists for you - make the most if it!

BLF is motivated by passion, not profit. We thank all volunteers and members who make this an active and inspiring space to be, as well as those individuals, organisations and groups working to make the future greener.

What is local?
The closer the better - but regional and global activities are important too.

Why local?
To reduce food miles, increase food freshness & security, improve social outcomes and reduce the unused outputs of our living environments - like stormwater and green waste.

Brisbane is a sub-tropical city in Queensland, Australia.

Organic Farm Share

Ads by Google

More Google ads

© 2017   Created by Farina Murray.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service