Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

Dave Riley's Discussions (1,709)

Discussions Replied To (1213) Replies Latest Activity

"While I have yet to receive my latest order of seeds, I have planted what was season…"

Dave Riley replied Apr 8 to PANDEMIC GARDENING: Buying seeds online

13 Apr 8
Reply by Dave Riley

"Does anyone have the type of sweet potato that is grown primarily for its leaves? Su…"

Dave Riley replied Apr 2 to Using what you have to hand

3 Apr 2
Reply by Fiona Ryan

"I always keep a lot of masa -- nixtamalized  corn flour -- in the cupboard. Needless…"

Dave Riley replied Mar 29 to Tacos with anything?

14 Mar 29
Reply by Dave Riley

"With the straight manure, we dig the planting hole and refill it with a 1:1 mix of o…"

Dave Riley replied Mar 27 to Sewing seeds in what?Cow manure fights Coronavirus

11 Apr 27
Reply by Sophie

"Bondie Seeds are still serving, but there is a delay of 10 days for delivery and pr…"

Dave Riley replied Mar 26 to PANDEMIC GARDENING: Buying seeds online

13 Apr 8
Reply by Dave Riley

"DIGGERS: Due to unprecedented demand, you may experience a delay in delivery times.…"

13 Apr 8
Reply by Dave Riley

"Eden is closed: *** IMPORTANT! *** We are temporarily closed from taking new orders…"

13 Apr 8
Reply by Dave Riley

"Maybe BLFers should be acutely aware that newbies may be arriving here on this site…"

Dave Riley replied Mar 25 to Pandemic gardening: a guide for Autumn planting in SEQ.

4 Mar 27
Reply by Christa

"I had bought some seeds a few weeks back with planting in mind. I had thought i'd go…"

Dave Riley replied Mar 18 to Taking the opportunity to plan & plant

18 Mar 21
Reply by Dianne Caswell

"Aubergenes, right? I do like moussaka but I'm not fond of egg plants., generally. Ba…"

Dave Riley replied Mar 3 to Egg Plant recipe

4 Mar 17
Reply by Christa

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service