Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

Dave Riley's Discussions (1,467)

Discussions Replied To (1045) Replies Latest Activity

"Maybe not quite the same taste/texture, but worth a try.Bottle gourds have a fresh t…"

Dave Riley replied Nov 9 to Lauki=Bottle Gourd -- as in Lauki Gosht (Loki Gosht or Bottle gourd with meat)

2 Nov 9
Reply by Dave Riley

"Same  with oysters... I'm not so keen on the 'rare' cook up of meats -- pork especia…"

Dave Riley replied Nov 7 to Tributes flow for Sam Ballard, who died after eating a slug

7 Nov 7
Reply by Christa

"Definitely with spices age matters -- especially if they are powdered. I keep my Tur…"

Dave Riley replied Nov 3 to Fresh Turmeric Vs. Powder: SPICEography Showdown

2 Nov 3
Reply by Dave Riley

"I cut off the culantro spiky heads and turned them into a simple green sauce. Surpri…"

Dave Riley replied Nov 1 to A coriander for our climate - Perennial coriander / Mexican coriander (Eryngium foetidum)

11 Nov 1
Reply by Dave Riley

"My relationship with this plant -- let us call it it culantro to overcome confusion…"

Dave Riley replied Oct 30 to A coriander for our climate - Perennial coriander / Mexican coriander (Eryngium foetidum)

11 Nov 1
Reply by Dave Riley

"My Cucuzza squash doesn't fruit all the time -- but after being desultory over the c…"

Dave Riley replied Oct 26 to A Classic Recipe for Cucuzza Squash -- aka New Guinea Bean

2 Oct 26
Reply by Dave Riley

"Space is relative. Many of these species fruit on the new growth so you cut them bac…"

Dave Riley replied Oct 24 to Hedges : living fences and food lines

6 Oct 25
Reply by Rob Walter

"You need to keep monitoring the pods and open the odd one to check fleshiness. Then…"

Dave Riley replied Oct 22 to Pigeon Peas and rice

4 Oct 22
Reply by Elaine de Saxe

"Using Nasturtiums in Food: LINK I'm not much taken with the flavour offered by Nastu…"

Dave Riley replied Oct 18 to Nasturtium seeds recipes?

5 Oct 19
Reply by Christa

"In that case: My favourite plant foods are - weed teas and urine. But really my fav…"

Dave Riley replied Oct 12 to Gardening moments

10 Oct 14
Reply by Valerie

RSS

Support Brisbane Local Food

Please support our Brisbane Local Food community.  Donations can be made directly to Andy's paypal account.  These are in Australian dollars.  Donations of $5 and above will be gratefully received and used only to pay for BLF web-hosting.  A donation of $25 will pay to host the site for a calendar month!

Donate to BLF on this link

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

© 2018   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service