Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

DARREN JAMES's Discussions (334)

Discussions Replied To (282) Replies Latest Activity

"Hi  John welcome to BLF ,yes you certainly had to learn  under a very trying summer…"

DARREN JAMES replied Mar 3 to Brisbane Staple Veg

10 Mar 14
Reply by Elaine de Saxe

"Hi Sophie on that particular screen I have 3 pots with both greater and winged yams…"

DARREN JAMES replied Feb 14 to Darren & Diannes yam growing experiment /Why not join us

43 Feb 15
Reply by Sophie

"Hi everyone this is an update on the yam screen taken today"

DARREN JAMES replied Feb 12 to Darren & Diannes yam growing experiment /Why not join us

43 Feb 15
Reply by Sophie

"Hi Lissa ,at least maybe you have small cobs if thats any consolation for you.My fir…"

DARREN JAMES replied Jan 19 to tiny cobs on wicking bed corn plants

11 Jan 21
Reply by Lissa

"Hi Mary anne regarding those spud peelings how thick are they,do you just whip them…"

DARREN JAMES replied Jan 15 to REGROW FROM SCRAPS

21 Jan 15
Reply by DARREN JAMES

"Yep thats exactly what I do Elaine,take off a few of them lower leaves and then plan…"

DARREN JAMES replied Jan 14 to REGROW FROM SCRAPS

21 Jan 15
Reply by DARREN JAMES

"Hi everyone Im growing this one in a ten inch pot,its under plenty of shade and as y…"

DARREN JAMES replied Jan 14 to REGROW FROM SCRAPS

21 Jan 15
Reply by DARREN JAMES

"Hi Christa ,its interesting about that,my sons mate a japanese student identified th…"

DARREN JAMES replied Jan 1 to Darren & Diannes yam growing experiment /Why not join us

43 Feb 15
Reply by Sophie

"That sounds and looks yummo Janet ,Rather expensive at 20.00 a kilo I think but the…"

DARREN JAMES replied Dec 31, 2016 to Darren & Diannes yam growing experiment /Why not join us

43 Feb 15
Reply by Sophie

"Thats a nice little yammery or yam patch you have Janet.Where did you get your growi…"

DARREN JAMES replied Dec 31, 2016 to Darren & Diannes yam growing experiment /Why not join us

43 Feb 15
Reply by Sophie

RSS

Fresh Local Provisions: Fresh Food, Local and Online

About this site

Welcome to Brisbane Local Food (BLF)!

This site was created by Scarlett Patrick, to build capacity in the Brisbane  community for growing, buying, and living sustainably. Six years on, BLF is an important hub to promote, discuss, share and learn about local food growing, production, gardens, services and activities happening in our part of the world.

This site exists for you - make the most if it!

BLF is motivated by passion, not profit. We thank all volunteers and members who make this an active and inspiring space to be, as well as those individuals, organisations and groups working to make the future greener.

What is local?
The closer the better - but regional and global activities are important too.

Why local?
To reduce food miles, increase food freshness & security, improve social outcomes and reduce the unused outputs of our living environments - like stormwater and green waste.

Brisbane is a sub-tropical city in Queensland, Australia.

Organic Farm Share

Ads by Google

More Google ads

© 2017   Created by Farina Murray.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service