Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

Susan Cook's Discussions (28)

Discussions Replied To (11) Replies Latest Activity

"I love the idea of the shade trellis.  I will look out for this plant for the uses y…"

Susan Cook replied Apr 25, 2016 to Canavalia as a Cover Crop

3 Apr 26, 2016
Reply by Dave Riley

"I have two Feijioas planted about 8 years ago, they have produced pretty flowers, bu…"

Susan Cook replied Oct 10, 2015 to Feijoa in Brisbane - will it fruit

17 Oct 12, 2015
Reply by Florence

"Thank you so much for sharing this article.  It gives great hope for the future of t…"

Susan Cook replied Aug 7, 2015 to Regeneration: Global Transformation in Catastrophic Times

10 Aug 9, 2015
Reply by Lissa

"I am a big fan of this delicious fruit.  The Woodford IGA sold them a couple of year…"

Susan Cook replied Mar 13, 2015 to ACHACHA or ACHACHAIRU

4 Jan 12, 2019
Reply by Christa

"I like the idea of using some sort of natural paint for lining.   At the workshop Ro…"

Susan Cook replied Apr 18, 2014 to Health hazards in the garden

16 Apr 18, 2014
Reply by Lissa

"Very impressed with the banana bunches, Elaine!.  We've only got Lady fingers - the…"

Susan Cook replied Apr 18, 2014 to Bendy Bananas

51 Apr 18, 2014
Reply by Elaine de Saxe

"Sure was.  We had lost some interest in the garden after such a dry challenging summ…"

Susan Cook replied Apr 7, 2014 to Make your own Self-watering planter box at Spurtopia

4 Apr 7, 2014
Reply by Susan Cook

"Yes the danger of termites is there, but hopefully as Elaine said they will take to…"

Susan Cook replied Mar 8, 2014 to Hugelkultur: composting whole trees with ease

7 Mar 9, 2014
Reply by Dave Riley

"Thanks for the great article!  "

Susan Cook replied Mar 7, 2014 to Dirty Thoughts: The Healing Qualities of Dirt

8 Mar 7, 2014
Reply by Susan Cook

"Thanks for the inspiration.  For the last few months I have set up a compost bin in…"

Susan Cook replied Feb 15, 2014 to Stop Killing Yourself and Your Soil. Debunking Double Digging. Compost Myth-busting Returns!

14 Feb 26, 2014
Reply by Ania

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service