Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

Christa's Discussions (658)

Discussions Replied To (470) Replies Latest Activity

"It is getting harder to buy genuine heirloom seeds and if they are open pollinated y…"

Christa replied Mar 27 to Sewing seeds in what?Cow manure fights Coronavirus

4 on Tuesday
Reply by Dave Riley

"I found this info as well Dave,  Forget the toilet paper, go for seeds now.  If you…"

Christa replied Mar 27 to Pandemic gardening: a guide for Autumn planting in SEQ.

4 Mar 27
Reply by Christa

"Great recipe Roger, it has ingredients that most people have in the pantry.  Ian has…"

Christa replied Mar 17 to Egg Plant recipe

4 Mar 17
Reply by Christa

"You are so right,Dave.  Our yard is covered by at least a half by our large spreadin…"

Christa replied Mar 17 to A solution to cut extreme heat by up to 6 degrees is in our own backyards

2 Mar 17
Reply by Christa

"I would really appreciate a couple of phalsa seedlings as I read that they need cros…"

Christa replied Mar 2 to PICKED MY PERSIMMONS Ichi-Ki-Kei-Jiro Asian

6 Mar 2
Reply by Doug Hanning

"If they are from plant pot saucers, you will need to check for lead."

Christa replied Mar 2 to Looking for Tiny Clay Bowls for Cheeses

6 Mar 3
Reply by Andrew Cumberland

"Mine are quite old now, the branches are quite brittle.  The trees flowered for a co…"

Christa replied Mar 2 to PICKED MY PERSIMMONS Ichi-Ki-Kei-Jiro Asian

6 Mar 2
Reply by Doug Hanning

"Read the discussion link Dave, it was very interesting reading, do you microwave you…"

Christa replied Feb 21 to Chaya

13 Feb 21
Reply by Christa

"Those are good levels of Calcium, Protein and Phosphorus.  My Chaya is quite tall an…"

Christa replied Feb 20 to Chaya

13 Feb 21
Reply by Christa

"Yes, Jeff, you're right. I could share seeds with friends and then ask for some back…"

Christa replied Feb 19 to Simple Nasturtiums

4 Feb 21
Reply by Sid Saghe

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service