Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

Jeff Kiehne's Discussions (279)

Discussions Replied To (233) Replies Latest Activity

" Decontamination of egg shells using ultraviolet light treatment"

Jeff Kiehne replied Jun 26 to Bad Eggs can cause salmonella -- like recent outbreak in VIC backyard chickens

4 Jun 27
Reply by Dave Riley

"If you have a dog high fences are not a good idea  as intruders  are high enough and…"

Jeff Kiehne replied May 28 to Overnight veggie raid: is it a rat, or possum?

19 Jun 11
Reply by Fiona Ryan

"If your on a old sandbank/dune what you need is clay  we have plenty of it at  Murar…"

Jeff Kiehne replied May 16 to RUNNING OUT OF ROOM TO GARDEN (or can I keep my fruit trees cut low)

23 May 21
Reply by Barbara Tealby

"World sugar price  had dropped  and the only thing helping the farmers is the low Au…"

Jeff Kiehne replied Apr 30 to Growing in sugar cane bales take 2 Correct photo this time

12 May 1
Reply by Sophie

"How about doing a tin of pineapple rings   that is what i did. "

Jeff Kiehne replied Apr 17 to Challenging Times are the Mother of Invention

14 May 7
Reply by Andrew Cumberland

"Aldi had seeds and mushroom kits probably need to wear protective clothing  riot gea…"

Jeff Kiehne replied Apr 1 to PANDEMIC GARDENING: Buying seeds online

13 Apr 8
Reply by Dave Riley

"Problem with some seed packets is only need a small quantity of plants and  expensiv…"

Jeff Kiehne replied Mar 21 to Taking the opportunity to plan & plant

18 Mar 21
Reply by Dianne Caswell

"Seed you need temperature control to get best results as each seed has a preferred t…"

Jeff Kiehne replied Mar 20 to Taking the opportunity to plan & plant

18 Mar 21
Reply by Dianne Caswell

"Found this on the internet  and they are on facebook. f you’re lucky enough to be in…"

Jeff Kiehne replied Feb 27 to Mashua Perennial nasturtian

8 Mar 2
Reply by Lyn John

"Anyone using as animal food does it have to be boiled or will drying make safe."

Jeff Kiehne replied Feb 20 to Chaya

13 Feb 21
Reply by Christa

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service