Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

Jan Holley's Discussions (12)

Discussions Replied To (11) Replies Latest Activity

"Right, Dave. Much like the ones in Photo 4, on the right. However, the ones I've use…"

Jan Holley replied Nov 24, 2016 to In praise of Aloe Vera (with an aside about vetiver grass)

24 Dec 20, 2016
Reply by Dave Riley

"It must be what this link refers to as the "culm" that I've used to grow from. A nod…"

Jan Holley replied Nov 24, 2016 to In praise of Aloe Vera (with an aside about vetiver grass)

24 Dec 20, 2016
Reply by Dave Riley

"I love my vetiver grass and it's cut and grow mulch and soil stabilizing abilities,…"

Jan Holley replied Nov 23, 2016 to In praise of Aloe Vera (with an aside about vetiver grass)

24 Dec 20, 2016
Reply by Dave Riley

"The ones from me should be the tall ones. I didn't have much luck with the short one…"

Jan Holley replied Nov 15, 2016 to Spuds Are Us: adventures in underground starches

42 Dec 8, 2016
Reply by Dave Riley

"The growing tips are easy enough...let it come in contact with dirt! ;) I got mine f…"

Jan Holley replied Nov 15, 2016 to NOPALES PADS GIVEAWAY

9 Nov 15, 2016
Reply by Lissa

"That's a little too close to home for me!"

Jan Holley replied Oct 23, 2016 to Fire ants found in Bracken Ridge

15 Oct 25, 2016
Reply by DARREN JAMES

"Google calendar is free and might work for you from a routine scheduling point of vi…"

Jan Holley replied Oct 14, 2016 to Gardening calendar

11 Oct 15, 2016
Reply by Cathie MacLean

"It makes pretty good sense to me, but I'd be hard-pressed to explain it much better.…"

Jan Holley replied Oct 13, 2016 to Wind-Powered Water Collector

10 Dec 31, 2016
Reply by Elaine de Saxe

"I think THESE are the ones you might need "

Jan Holley replied Oct 5, 2016 to Predatory Mites

4 Oct 6, 2016
Reply by Lissa

"Bugs for Bugs would be the place to buy from. I have no experience with the mite pre…"

Jan Holley replied Oct 5, 2016 to Predatory Mites

4 Oct 6, 2016
Reply by Lissa

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service