Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

RECIPES (244)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Chili Con Carne -- is it really beef, chilies, and not a whole lot else?

'Real Texas chile con carne is made with beef, chilies, and not a whole lot else.' Well...mine has a lot more as I appreciate the beans. I…

Started by Dave Riley

8 Jul 11, 2017
Reply by Dave Riley

Under-utilized Grains: Pearl Barley and Cracked Wheat (Bulgur)

The other night I had the good fortune to have a pack of Pearl Barley on hand.To me, barley was always a key ingredient in the one soup my…

Started by Dave Riley

4 Jun 28, 2017
Reply by Andrew Cumberland

Pumpkin, Orange and Mint Soup

This soup is divine ... subtle hints of Orange and Mint blended with the Pumpkin. The basic recipe: Pumpkin, Orange and Mint Soup 1 Leek fi…

Started by Elaine de Saxe

3 Jun 19, 2017
Reply by Dianne Caswell

Middle Easter/Mediterranean Food links plus Armenian tucker is go!

After playing Middle Easter cuisine dilettante for over 40 years I recently came upon Armenian food and was much taken with this quick reci…

Started by Dave Riley

2 May 14, 2017
Reply by Andrew Cumberland

Preserved mini capsicums (for stuffing with cream cheese later)

This is what I follow for my preserves.  I never have 3.5 kg of mini peppers so I scale down accordingly.  Finished product Keep in cupboar…

Started by Susan

1 May 8, 2017
Reply by Dianne Caswell

Banana Spring rolls

* spring roll papers (buy in the frozen asian section of the supermarket) * bananas (not cavandesh) * sugar * oil (for frying) 1. Separate…

Started by Susan

2 May 7, 2017
Reply by Susan

Baked beans (American/Boston style).

This is the bean dish that I made using the dried madagascar beans that I grew at our Christmas gathering.  Feel free to play with the reci…

Started by Andrew Cumberland

12 Apr 18, 2017
Reply by Lissa

Stuffed Zucchini Flowers

A use for the excess male flowers that you get off Zucchini/Tromonccino plants.  I prefer trombonccino flowers because they are a little bi…

Started by Susan

0 Apr 14, 2017

Shakshuka

From PIP MAGAZINE: Ingredients olive oil for frying 1 onion 2 cloves garlic 1 teaspoon cumin 1 teaspoon paprika 2 cups of chopped tomatoes…

Started by Lissa

6 Mar 29, 2017
Reply by Dave Riley

One Pot Mexican Chicken and Rice.

I cook a lot of rice dishes that usually straddle the Latino tradition and that of the  Middle East. The approach in both cuisines is very…

Started by Dave Riley

4 Feb 4, 2017
Reply by Dave Riley

RSS

Support Brisbane Local Food

Please support our Brisbane Local Food community.  Donations can be made directly to Andy's paypal account.  These are in Australian dollars.  Donations of $5 and above will be gratefully received and used only to pay for BLF web-hosting.  A donation of $25 will pay to host the site for a calendar month!

Donate to BLF on this link

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

© 2018   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service