Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

RECIPES (233)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Pumpkin, Orange and Mint Soup

This soup is divine ... subtle hints of Orange and Mint blended with the Pumpkin. The basic recipe: Pumpkin, Orange and Mint Soup 1 Leek fi…

Started by Elaine de Saxe

3 Jun 19
Reply by Dianne Caswell

Middle Easter/Mediterranean Food links plus Armenian tucker is go!

After playing Middle Easter cuisine dilettante for over 40 years I recently came upon Armenian food and was much taken with this quick reci…

Started by Dave Riley

2 May 14
Reply by Andrew Cumberland

Preserved mini capsicums (for stuffing with cream cheese later)

This is what I follow for my preserves.  I never have 3.5 kg of mini peppers so I scale down accordingly.  Finished product Keep in cupboar…

Started by Susan

1 May 8
Reply by Dianne Caswell

Banana Spring rolls

* spring roll papers (buy in the frozen asian section of the supermarket) * bananas (not cavandesh) * sugar * oil (for frying) 1. Separate…

Started by Susan

2 May 7
Reply by Susan

Baked beans (American/Boston style).

This is the bean dish that I made using the dried madagascar beans that I grew at our Christmas gathering.  Feel free to play with the reci…

Started by Andrew Cumberland

12 Apr 18
Reply by Lissa

Stuffed Zucchini Flowers

A use for the excess male flowers that you get off Zucchini/Tromonccino plants.  I prefer trombonccino flowers because they are a little bi…

Started by Susan

0 Apr 14

Shakshuka

From PIP MAGAZINE: Ingredients olive oil for frying 1 onion 2 cloves garlic 1 teaspoon cumin 1 teaspoon paprika 2 cups of chopped tomatoes…

Started by Lissa

6 Mar 29
Reply by Dave Riley

One Pot Mexican Chicken and Rice.

I cook a lot of rice dishes that usually straddle the Latino tradition and that of the  Middle East. The approach in both cuisines is very…

Started by Dave Riley

4 Feb 4
Reply by Dave Riley

Easy Chinese Cucumber Salad

Easy Chinese Cucumber Salad INGREDIENTS 2 English cucumbers, tough skin removed 3 cloves garlic, crushed and minced 1 tablespoon Chinkian…

Started by Lissa

3 Jan 28
Reply by Janet Fong

Okinawan Gumbo

I may have a thing about gumbo., but the seeming ways and means seem to obscure a straightforward DIY. I am also not partial to okra. When…

Started by Dave Riley

5 Jan 6
Reply by Dave Riley

RSS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Organic Farm Share

Ads by Google

© 2017   Created by Farina Murray.   Powered by