Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

EXPLORING the FIELD TOGETHER - Q&A (1,514)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Vegetable and Fruit Storage: Reusable Produce & String Bags

For the last year or so I've been a keen user of mesh plastic reusable produce bags. As fruit and veg storage systems go, these draw string…

Started by Dave Riley

5 Jun 25
Reply by Christa

Zucchinis Courgettes tips

https://www.theartofdoingstuff.com/youve-been-growing-your-zucchini-all-wrong/ Features... Growing Zucchini Zucchini need to be pruned and…

Started by Valerie

2 Jun 12
Reply by Susan

Overnight veggie raid: is it a rat, or possum?

Overnight veggie raid: is it a rat, or possum?  We've had both about the place. Photos attached of eaten spinach and coriander plants.

Started by Mike Watson

19 Jun 11
Reply by Fiona Ryan

WEEDS - Pro's and con's

There is an old discussion on Weeds back in 2009.  This is a reply to that discussion, that seems appropriate to me. Reply by Scarlett on J…

Started by Christa

3 Jun 8
Reply by Christa

Living Mulch

As a muchly  keen mulcher  I've spent years of effort carpeting my soil with dead matter. Usually anything that was once growing  can be us…

Started by Dave Riley

8 Jun 7
Reply by Dave Riley

Tips for growing strawberries

I've been fortunate to receive a bulk order of commercial strawberry runners and want to give them the best opportunity to fruit lusciously…

Started by Sophie

1 Jun 4
Reply by Susan

HOW MANY OF YOU ARE WILLING TO WAIT FOR FRUIT

One of the most abundant fruiting plants in my yard are Plinia, genus Myrciaria then variety e.g. Sabara.  They come under the Myrtacaea fa…

Started by Christa

11 May 31
Reply by Fiona Ryan

RUNNING OUT OF ROOM TO GARDEN (or can I keep my fruit trees cut low)

This photo was taken a couple of years ago.  Since then we have moved some bins to the front yard between front verandah and front tree,  T…

Started by Christa

23 May 21
Reply by Barbara Tealby

bean fly attacking young bean plants?

Hi everyone, new here, and hoping for a successful winter bean crop with a little help from your good selves. I'm successful with snake bea…

Started by Mike Watson

11 May 19
Reply by Dave Riley

Name this nasty

I’m wondering about this, on one of my eggplants. I think it’s red spider mite? This is on a sturdy old fashioned striped eggplant. It’s…

Started by Fiona Ryan

4 May 16
Reply by Andrew Cumberland

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service