Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

EXPLORING the FIELD TOGETHER - Q&A (1,501)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Diane & Graham in South America photo's

Here’s a couple of pics for the BLF site. Of all the places to find native bees and Asian Jak Fruit ?? Right up on top of Sugarloaf Mounta…

Started by Christa

2 Oct 22, 2019
Reply by Susan

Syntropy:'They're log paths that rot away over time/that protect the soil from compaction..'

There I was -- as is my want -- delving into Ernst Gotsch's Syntropy ways -- when the main thought I walk away with is logs of wood! That f…

Started by Dave Riley

10 Sep 23, 2019
Reply by Jeff Kiehne

Bat population in South-East Queensland affected by mass starvation event

"Unfortunately we're seeing a starvation event happening due to deforestation, development and even the recent bushfires and most predomina…

Started by Dave Riley

2 Sep 22, 2019
Reply by Jeff Kiehne

Worth a share

I stole this link from Gayle D.  Great article worth a share.  5 myths often used to deny climate change

Started by Andrew Cumberland

0 Sep 18, 2019

Low-Chill Double-Grafted Cherry Trees

Some of us on BLF bought these trees from Daley's around 3 years ago. Anyone had any fruit? Mine flowered the first year after it was plant…

Started by Elaine de Saxe

13 Aug 25, 2019
Reply by Susan

THE HORTA LIFESTYLE: Greening Up the Plate.

I was watching one of Anthony Bourdain's  food travel episodes about Crete. Aside from the wine, raki  and the seafood -- the persistent ap…

Started by Dave Riley

11 Aug 16, 2019
Reply by Andrew Cumberland

An interesting fence!

https://kddandco.com/2012/09/05/anne-eunsons-artistry/

Started by Valerie

1 Jul 30, 2019

Peanuts planting and eating thereof

It came as a surprise that here on BLF there a very few references to peanuts. I'm on a peanut kick at the moment as I'm replacing a lot of…

Started by Dave Riley

1 Jul 29, 2019

What Happens When You Use Ash in the Garden?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61ryiTNYneQ&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0LEsNod_XrKUuQpVCkpgDl3uHFyG5PoI22US01qbXr7ze1H1pY1MKhhUI

Started by Valerie

0 Jul 23, 2019

Anyone interested in a visit to a bush foods farm?

I have been in touch with Veronica Cougan, who runs a Bushfoods farm at Obi Obi near the Sunshine coast. They have a lot of mature Bushfood…

Started by Roger Clark

1 Jul 21, 2019
Reply by Valerie

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service