Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

EXPLORING the FIELD TOGETHER - Q&A (1,473)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Trampoline frame

There is a free round Trampoline frame on facebook market place at Ningi  if you look at these Trampoline frames  they are made from solid…

Started by Jeff Kiehne

2 Jan 24, 2019
Reply by Valerie

Achacha Fruit Tree

Well I'd never heard of this so I googled it when Lissa mentioned it on one of the babaco photos.    Donna:  Never heard of them, googled i…

Started by Donna

59 Jan 21, 2019
Reply by Lissa

Food in the Anthropocene: the EAT–Lancet Commission on healthy diets from sustainable food systems

Full article here. Published today in the Lancet.  https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(18)31788-4/fulltext#secc…

Started by Valerie

10 Jan 19, 2019
Reply by Andrew Cumberland

Eat your greens: here's how. (& think Chaya)

I'm back on the green leaf trail. Gone very exotic I have a'searching for the coloured goods --aka favoured greens. The more I look, the mo…

Started by Dave Riley

8 Jan 18, 2019
Reply by Russell James

ACHACHA or ACHACHAIRU

From NORTH QUEENSLAND REGISTER: Bruce's Bolivian trek bears fruit REG BURTON 17 Feb, 2015 03:00 AM ACHACHA OR ACHACHAIRU One of th…

Started by Lissa

4 Jan 12, 2019
Reply by Christa

Dangers of potting mix

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/109688672/dangers-of-potting-mix-highlighted-after-death-of-christchurch-gardener?fbclid=IwAR2lm8Zn

Started by Valerie

4 Jan 12, 2019
Reply by Roger Clark

'Farming' Worms

I know many folk have installed worm towers in their garden. Maybe others have plastic worm farm setups. I assume that in both cases  compo…

Started by Dave Riley

21 Jan 8, 2019
Reply by Dave Riley

Free seeds.

If you're a Queensland resident, you can get a FREE kitchen garden kit posted to you. It's part of the government's Healthier. Happier. cam…

Started by Jeff Kiehne

5 Jan 2, 2019
Reply by Lissa

Comic explainer: forest giants house thousands of animals (so why do we keep cutting them down?)

Giant eucalypts play an irreplaceable part in many of Australia’s ecosystems. These towering elders develop hollows, which make them nature…

Started by Dave Riley

7 Dec 31, 2018
Reply by Christa

SPROUTS?

It's been years since I did any sprouting. Decades. Seeing as I have no garden to speak of, but am now settled in one place, I'm keen to cr…

Started by Lissa

21 Dec 29, 2018
Reply by Lissa

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

VETIVER COMMUNITY PROJECT

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

The Vetiver Community Project is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service