Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

EXPLORING the FIELD TOGETHER - Q&A (1,465)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

SYNTROPIC AGRICULTURE

I'm sure most of us have been influenced by Permaculture principles. It may even be 'un-Australian' not to have been. Nonetheless I have ma…

Started by Dave Riley

11 May 14, 2019
Reply by Evan

Keriberry

Has anyone tried growing keriberry? I have one that I am about to move into a concrete enclosed bed. Does it grow into a big suckering mons…

Started by angela holmes

9 Apr 28, 2019
Reply by angela holmes

FUNGI TYPES

We have had an abundance of different types of mushroom types coming up in our backyard amongst the mulch.   Does anyone know a good book o…

Started by Christa

8 Apr 18, 2019
Reply by Lissa

Recipe for Char Grilled Red Capsicum Dip

Char Grilled Red Capsicum Dip 6 Italian Fryer Capsicums, halved and deseeded 400 g tin of chick peas,drained 5  tablespoons of Extra Virgin…

Started by Roger Clark

4 Apr 17, 2019
Reply by Janet Fong

Mulch versus Compost

Mel Landers posted this in Soil4Climate: I read it a few times and loved the argument. Mulch versus Compost - Why I choose mulch –Experienc…

Started by Dave Riley

15 Apr 3, 2019
Reply by Christa

Dealing with the Oxalic Acid content of green leafy vegetables

Before you sign off on the green veg adventure, consider that things may not be as they seem as the supposedly naughty Oxalic Acid occurs m…

Started by Dave Riley

1 Mar 30, 2019
Reply by Dave Riley

Storage Bags for fruit and vegetables:Waste not/Want not.

When the plastic bag ban was coming in I collected a few supermarket type bags for the future. But then I've not been using them at all. In…

Started by Dave Riley

3 Mar 14, 2019
Reply by Cres

FIRST ITCHI PERSIMMON FOR MAR 2019

We just picked a persimmon from our tree and put it in the fridge where it softens up ready for me to have on yoghurt for breakie. We picke…

Started by Christa

5 Mar 11, 2019
Reply by Dianne Caswell

In praise of the neglected garden skink.

One of the great thrills i experienced when I moved to Brisbane for a  couple of years in the early seventies was the profusion of skinks.…

Started by Dave Riley

4 Mar 1, 2019
Reply by Elaine de Saxe

All Herbs and Seedlings

Warren and his fam who supply such a wonderful range of seedlings from their stall at the Sunday Caboolture Markets now have a web presence…

Started by Dave Riley

0 Feb 13, 2019

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service