Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

EXPLORING the FIELD TOGETHER - Q&A (1,300)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

casava

Col is busy processing casava - it was easy to dig in this weather - three roots from one plant - and it still has about 12 roots left ! wi…

Started by Mary-Ann Baker

1 Oct 19
Reply by Matthew Bushnell

seeds

while searching for hairy melon and long melon seeds came across this site that looks promising for unusual seeds http://living-mudflower.b

1 Oct 19
Reply by Matthew Bushnell

Skirret

Has anyone evergrown skirret - is it as easy tasty and productive as Mudflower perennials suggests? Anyone got seed or a tuber we could tri…

0 Oct 19

Vegitable scraps.

What do you do with vegetable scraps like peelings if they are placed in the garden what diseases could they be introducing  they say to bu…

Started by Jeff Kiehne

8 Oct 18
Reply by Elaine de Saxe

It's great to be alive

I awoke this morning at half past fiveCheck my pulse to ensure I was aliveAnd when I found that steady beatKnew that the morning was mine t…

Started by Clive Buckingham

8 Oct 17
Reply by Andrew Cumberland

seed vault

if you are a facebook user a friend has just started a seed swap page Seed Vault Australia - just started so if you are interested in swapp…

0 Oct 16

This is a type of leek isn't it? Identifcation needed

I recently pulled this up and It was from the same bed as the Garlic that I pictured when replying to Elaine. I would have transplanted thi…

Started by Roger Clark

6 Oct 13
Reply by Dave Riley

Plants that clean the air we breath.

Most of us gardeners, aim to grow and feed ourselves good home grown food to sustain us and keep us healthy.  Did you ever think that plant…

Started by Christa

5 Oct 13
Reply by Christa

Possum Deterrent Suggestion

Reading a list mail about Squirrels in the US and deterring them from raiding the garden. Possums are just about as agile and while I have…

Started by Elaine de Saxe

14 Oct 9
Reply by Carol Wallace

"Queen of Fruit" aussie rough pineapple

Finally managed to buy some rough pineapples with their tops on, at the local grocer. He sell his goods and will put a sign on his fruit et…

Started by Christa

17 Oct 8
Reply by Jeff Kiehne

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Organic Farm Share

Ads by Google

© 2017   Created by Farina Murray.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service