Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

EXPLORING the FIELD TOGETHER - Q&A (1,260)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Buying potato for seed .

Where are you buying your seed potatoes  they all seem to be coming from other states  do they produce seed potato in Queensland.The big gr…

Started by Jeff Kiehne

4 Aug 6
Reply by Susan

anyone got room in their house for a young lady from China for a few days?

I have a lovely young (32) Hong Kong friend who is looking for somewhere to stay for a few days while she organises her travel plans to Bal…

Started by Lissa

1 Jul 31
Reply by Lissa

The Seed Collection

I've mainly used the same seed suppliers --  Green Harvest and The Italian Gardener -- for most of my seeds. I've used others for special h…

Started by Dave Riley

2 Jul 30
Reply by Roger Clark

When can you grow potatoes in Brisbane

When is the growing season in Brisbane  the heat,rain  and humidity  in summer would seem to be the major factor  and in winter frost . Whe…

Started by Jeff Kiehne

5 Jul 19
Reply by Jeff Kiehne

brag a bit

just a bit of a brag - won 1st 2nd and third prize at the Dayboro show for the most unusual vegetable - 1st chilacotote 2nd horned melon th…

Started by Mary-Ann Baker

6 Jul 12
Reply by Dianne Caswell

growing cuttings

anyone  ever tried to strike rose cuttings by placing them in a potato - 1. does it work - 2. what stops the potato from sprouting 3. does…

Started by Mary-Ann Baker

5 Jul 12
Reply by Dianne Caswell

The Murraya bite the dust!

I have recently discovered via that excellent website The Subtropical Fruit Growers Club, that Murraya are attractants and hosts of the Fru…

Started by Roger Clark

1 Jul 11
Reply by Elaine de Saxe

Hot shower from compost

https://www.facebook.com/geoff.lawton.12/videos/474734279379775/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED 

Started by Valerie

0 Jul 5

More research damning neonics

http://news.yorku.ca/2017/06/29/exposure-to-neonics-results-in-early-death-for-honeybee-workers-and-queens-york-u-study/

Started by Pollyanna

0 Jul 5

Cooking dried pigeon peas

Hi All, I tried cooking dried pigeon peas today. I removed them from the shells, soaked then boiled. They softened but still had tough skin…

Started by Megan

3 Jul 3
Reply by Dave Riley

RSS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Organic Farm Share

Ads by Google

© 2017   Created by Farina Murray.   Powered by