Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

EXPLORING the FIELD TOGETHER - Q&A (1,472)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Growing from leaves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXqgyI6XiqM

Started by Valerie

4 Dec 24, 2019
Reply by Christa

Participants needed for undergraduate research on edible verge gardening in Brisbane suburbs.

My name is Molly and I am currently undertaking research towards a Honours thesis at the University of Queensland. The research is based in…

Started by Molly Blake

0 Dec 17, 2019

6 months of rain in Brisbane!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-12/brisbane-storms-damage-six-months-rain/11791512

Started by Valerie

3 Dec 13, 2019
Reply by Andrew Cumberland

Any experience with peachcot?

Hi all. I am seriously coveting a peachcot tree from Daley's but have never tasted one. They are described as having a firm flesh....but w…

Started by angela holmes

4 Dec 8, 2019
Reply by angela holmes

ABC Radio, 1976

Allan Humphries: Welcome to Gardening Talkback on the ABC, Brian you've got a question for Allan Seale. Talkback caller Brian: G'day, I wan…

Started by Dave Riley

2 Dec 5, 2019

Vetiver Symbiosis

Tho Ngo's work in Vietnam (near Hanoi)  pairing Vetiver with fruit trees  and vegetables plantings is an exciting project. Tho's hypothesis…

Started by Dave Riley

4 Dec 4, 2019
Reply by Dave Riley

Planting Vetiver in times of drought on the Western Downs of Queensland

Started by Dave Riley

0 Nov 18, 2019

WEIRD PAWPAW

Has anyone come across this, inside a pawpaw ?   It looks like a couple of embryos.  This type of pawpaw is often without seeds or just a c…

Started by Christa

1 Oct 25, 2019

Diane & Graham in South America photo's

Here’s a couple of pics for the BLF site. Of all the places to find native bees and Asian Jak Fruit ?? Right up on top of Sugarloaf Mounta…

Started by Christa

2 Oct 22, 2019
Reply by Susan

Syntropy:'They're log paths that rot away over time/that protect the soil from compaction..'

There I was -- as is my want -- delving into Ernst Gotsch's Syntropy ways -- when the main thought I walk away with is logs of wood! That f…

Started by Dave Riley

10 Sep 23, 2019
Reply by Jeff Kiehne

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

VETIVER COMMUNITY PROJECT

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

The Vetiver Community Project is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service