Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

EXPLORING the FIELD TOGETHER - Q&A (1,237)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Winter Sun: Veg to grow in the shade.Also done with mirrors.

I have a few garden areas  ruled by shade. Shade: not enough of it in Summer: too  much in Winter. There's always that patch that drops out…

Started by Dave Riley

9 Jun 16
Reply by Jeff Kiehne

Let me explain Margot Zuckerman's visit

I received this message on the BLF facebook page from Margot:  I am a student from Northwestern University in Illinois, USA. This summer, I…

Started by Andrew Cumberland

41 Jun 16
Reply by Margot Zuckerman

questions for a drizzly Sundaay

1. has anyone grown pitpit and how did you contain it 2. anyone else have trouble with banana passionfruit - hundreds of flowers no fruit e…

Started by Mary-Ann Baker

3 Jun 12
Reply by Lissa

Ethiopian Spinach/Highland Kale

I bought the plant seedling as  'Ethiopian Spinach' but it  is aka Ethiopian Blue Mustard ,Highland Kale,Texsel Greens, African Kale, Abyss…

Started by Dave Riley

10 Jun 10
Reply by Dave Riley

A Sofrito essential: a wooden spatula

I hardly was aware of the term until I got into Cajun and Caribbean cookery. But then you don't get far there without negotiating the culin…

Started by Dave Riley

1 Jun 7
Reply by Dave Riley

GLASS GEM CORN

This is a photo of Glass Gem Corn grown by Nat in Melbourne and harvested 27th May(FB group Earth Gardeners). It's created quite a stir of…

Started by Lissa

2 Jun 1
Reply by Lissa

RECYCLABLE HEAT PACK

Not exactly a garden product but  I had reason to use a heatpack and was offered a stick-on heat pack, made in Japan.  It is a thin 4 x 6"…

Started by Christa

0 May 31

Pickling hog plums

I am pickling. This year is the first year I am pickling my fruit. Earlier I made mango and hog plum (ambarella) atchar, now I want to make…

Started by David Hatcher

7 May 29
Reply by David Hatcher

THE FUTURE PATH FOR OUR GARDEN

This discussion comes about from my thoughts of gardening practices, and I can relate to Jeffrey Hodges.  He believes in gardening with nat…

Started by Christa

49 May 28
Reply by Elaine de Saxe

Needing someone to represent BLF on 31 May 2017

I received this email and hoped that someone would like to represent Brisbane Local Food at these discussions.  I am looking for one volunt…

Started by Andrew Cumberland

8 May 26
Reply by Lissa

RSS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Organic Farm Share

Ads by Google

© 2017   Created by Farina Murray.   Powered by