Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

EXPLORING the FIELD TOGETHER - Q&A (1,300)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

trading

someone might like to join https://www.facebook.com/groups/143096469629267/?multi_permalinks=155072531764994&notif_id=1509479253081440&

Started by Mary-Ann Baker

0 Nov 1

Growing a cinnamon tree -Cinnamomum verum

Well I succumbed to my favourite spice and purchased a cinammon tree from Daley's.  When we visited the place they had one in their covered…

Started by Christa

38 Oct 30
Reply by Andrew Cumberland

Panama Berry

I was so excited to discover my Panama Berry with fruit and flower on it today.  It's been sitting in a pot in a shady area and quite negle…

Started by Matthew Bushnell

11 Oct 29
Reply by Elaine de Saxe

lost for words

friend just sent me a message to say his strawberry seeds are sprouting - got them off ebay 2000strawberry seeds- 10 different colours - in…

20 Oct 28
Reply by Matthew Bushnell

ready to try something new ?

another experiment going - a friend bought thee and says they ar really great so off I went to Bunnings at Carseldine - and bought three ne…

6 Oct 28
Reply by Matthew Bushnell

growing seeds -

just relooked at the fair dinkum seeds site. Does anyone have knowledge of the growing or is it worth pursuing or have  avail seed / cuttin…

5 Oct 27
Reply by Elaine de Saxe

Woodchips in the veg garden: good or bad?

Since I have access to regular mounds of woodchips at the school garden I've  been ambivalent about applying them to the garden beds. As a…

Started by Dave Riley

27 Oct 26
Reply by DARREN JAMES

Growing True Cardamom from seed.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone here has tried to grow true cardamom from seed? (Elettaria cardamomum as opposed to Alpinia nutans). I was go…

Started by Matthew Bushnell

14 Oct 26
Reply by Jeff Kiehne

Using boiling water to kill weeds?

Dear BLF Brains Trust My gravel driveway is overgrown with a spectacular array of misplaced volunteer plants (aka weeds). Because it is not…

Started by Sophie

7 Oct 23
Reply by Susan

Vegetable prices soar in wake of Queensland's floods

The cost of some vegetables has already soared after torrential rain and flooding wiped out millions of dollars worth of small crops in Que…

Started by Dave Riley

2 Oct 22
Reply by Jeff Kiehne

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Organic Farm Share

Ads by Google

© 2017   Created by Farina Murray.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service