Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

EXPLORING the FIELD TOGETHER - Q&A (1,202)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

jujube plant

anyone know where I can get a plant or cuttings from,please

Started by conrad maharaj

4 Mar 10
Reply by conrad maharaj

Darren & Diannes yam growing experiment /Why not join us

Hi everyone, Our plant whisperer friend Dianne and myself have decided to grow yams in large pots.Many people often wonder where to plant n…

Started by DARREN JAMES

43 Feb 15
Reply by Sophie

elephant yam

can anyone spare me some corm,shoots or plants of the elephant yam please,I'm willing to pay if need be,regards Conrad ( Macleay island)

Started by conrad maharaj

7 Feb 13
Reply by Rob Collings

Growing onions

Growing onions on your window sill. Brilliant!https://auntiedogmasgardenspot.wordpress.com/2013/05/15/growing-onions-vertically-on-the-wind

Started by Valerie

4 Feb 10
Reply by Christa

CHEMPEDAK AVAILABLE AT DALEYS

Now available at Daleys: CHEMPEDAK

Started by Lissa

0 Feb 9

Indian children died after 'eating lychees on empty stomach'

BBC NEWS VIDEO LINK US and Indian scientists say a mystery illness that killed more than 100 children a year in northern India was caused…

Started by Lissa

0 Feb 3

When to pick fruit

How do you know when a choko is ripe..? I have one forming and have no clue when to pick it! Also, not sure how to know when pawpaw is read…

Started by Sophie

18 Feb 2
Reply by Jeff Kiehne

Dwarf Macadamia or possible African Pride

I have a bit of a dilemma. One of my wicking pots that has a dwarf macadamia growing, has another plant turned up in the same pot on the le…

Started by Christa

14 Jan 31
Reply by Christa

rain much needed

hope everyone is getting this incredible rain - cant see more than 30 metres with rain and fog yay!!! have some good showers lately but if…

Started by Mary-Ann Baker

7 Jan 28
Reply by Lissa

Cucamelon / Mice melon

Does anyone had any of these seeds? Would love to try! https://www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/peggy/thing-you-must-plant-this-instant-cucamelons

Started by Sophie

8 Jan 27
Reply by Sophie

RSS

Fresh Local Provisions: Fresh Food, Local and Online

About this site

Welcome to Brisbane Local Food (BLF)!

This site was created by Scarlett Patrick, to build capacity in the Brisbane  community for growing, buying, and living sustainably. Six years on, BLF is an important hub to promote, discuss, share and learn about local food growing, production, gardens, services and activities happening in our part of the world.

This site exists for you - make the most if it!

BLF is motivated by passion, not profit. We thank all volunteers and members who make this an active and inspiring space to be, as well as those individuals, organisations and groups working to make the future greener.

What is local?
The closer the better - but regional and global activities are important too.

Why local?
To reduce food miles, increase food freshness & security, improve social outcomes and reduce the unused outputs of our living environments - like stormwater and green waste.

Brisbane is a sub-tropical city in Queensland, Australia.

Organic Farm Share

Ads by Google

More Google ads

© 2017   Created by Farina Murray.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service