Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

EXPLORING the FIELD TOGETHER - Q&A (1,489)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Pumpkins - High Light Intensity inhibits female flowers + questions

Firstly, I found this information in Annette McFarland, Succesful Gardening in Warm Climates on Pg 85 this morning. 'Cucumbers, melons, pu…

Started by Donna

8 Jan 19, 2009
Reply by Anthony Foo

Request from 60 minutes Sydney to interview urban farmers(anyone supplying the greater part of there produce requirements

I have been contacted by a director at 60 minutes to deliver names and contacts of anyone with passion and doing a good job of supplementin…

Started by Anthony Foo

2 Jan 13, 2009

Where do you get... ?

We are currently looking for a number of 'general' items that used to be widely available either cheap, or sometimes even free, but I can't…

Started by Donna

9 Jan 13, 2009
Reply by Scarlett

Leaf bud grafting on Espalier Apple & Nashi

I have two espaliers going at the moment but each only has one leader whereas I need side shoots too. Having never grafted anything before…

Started by Donna

4 Dec 17, 2008
Reply by Donna

Please help me identify my plants

With all the troubles growing from seed recently, I have not kept a record of what was planted where and have a few plants I am not sure ab…

Started by Donna

5 Dec 14, 2008
Reply by Donna

The question of carbon sequestration

Carbon sequestering.......this has become such a common and widely bandied expression over the last couple of years. So much so that it is…

Started by Anthony Foo

3 Dec 3, 2008
Reply by Anthony Foo

Controlling fruit fly

There are several comments starting to exude from the woodwork on fruit fly proliferation, and so I thought it may prove timely to bring fo…

Started by Anthony Foo

2 Nov 10, 2008
Reply by Anthony Foo

How to Make Liquid Fertiliser

I finally got around to buying a big plastic garbage bin, now I just need to check what I can put in to make my own liquid fertiliser. I am…

Started by Donna

5 Nov 5, 2008
Reply by Donna

What will you plant for Spring time?

I'm thinking about a three sisters guild - you plant corn seedlings, and at the foot of each one you plant some climbing bean seeds. Throug…

Started by Scarlett

4 Sep 18, 2008
Reply by Scarlett

Anyone interested in joining a Brisbane Local Seed Network?

I have started 'Brisbane Seed Savers', below is some general information on Local Seed Networks. To join, please complete the Membership fo…

Started by Donna

8 Sep 18, 2008
Reply by Scarlett

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service