Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

EXPLORING the FIELD TOGETHER - Q&A (1,498)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Grow Local SEQ – a community resources directory

Queensland Conservation council has produced the first edition of its community resource for local food production. The publication feature…

Started by Scarlett

0 Jun 13, 2009

Sending a Personal Message

Just joined this forum - looks wonderful :-) Thank you to the founder! Now, I would like to go to an event but there's two of us and the R…

Started by Elaine de Saxe

6 May 30, 2009
Reply by Elaine de Saxe

Citrus gall wasp

They sting the stems and lay their eggs inside. The plant produces a corky growth around the developing grubs. The grubs hatch and crawl…

Started by Scarlett

2 May 27, 2009
Reply by Scarlett

Farmer opens garden to community .

Damien Drew is offering avid gardeners the chance to share his 2ha property to start their own vegie patch .Interested people or organisati…

Started by christopher zane hart

4 May 18, 2009
Reply by Scarlett

CSIRO National Consumption Survey - please pass it on to people you know

Take part in a national online survey to inform innovative research into household consumption and lifestyles in Australia. CSIRO's House…

Started by Scarlett

0 May 11, 2009

Growing rhubarb in Brisbane

Hello! Has anyone here tried growing rhubarb around Brisbane? I've ordered a 'Glaskins Perpetual' from Diggers (along with a heap of other…

Started by Lotte

6 May 6, 2009
Reply by Scarlett

Kefir

Here's a different sort of plant - kefir! I have grains to give away if anyone wants to make their own yoghurt. I bought the starter from S…

Started by Addy

1 Apr 5, 2009
Reply by Scarlett

How do I get rid of grass, all ideas welcome...

After an inspiring visit to Christophers garden, we have decided to edge the perimeter of our garden which will end up enclosing our raised…

Started by Donna

12 Mar 9, 2009
Reply by Donna

What am I? Can anyone identify this tree?

I thought maybe Firewheel Tree - Stenocarpus sinuatus? It volunteered in my vertical herb garden (obviously bird dropped) and initially…

Started by Scarlett

2 Mar 8, 2009
Reply by Scarlett

Longan farm visit

Hi everyone, I've been going to this Longan farm to pick Longans and mangoes at Narrangba in the past few years. (missed out last year bec…

Started by Florence

6 Mar 2, 2009
Reply by Florence

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service