Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

EXPLORING the FIELD TOGETHER - Q&A (1,384)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Queensland Arrowroot

I've been growing a patch of Arrowroot for years - part of my survival garden, never used it to eat only the large leaves for mulch. Now I'…

Started by Jane

3 May 30, 2010
Reply by Jane

Mulungay seed

I managed to get some seed today but do not know how fresh it is . I think this is a drumstick tree ..was there a post recently about this…

Started by Mark Thomson

5 May 26, 2010

Feedback please: losing our pure non-profit status?

Ning is now going to charge $20 per month to host BLF for us. Please note that we will lose the video function for this (otherwise it would…

Started by Scarlett

69 May 26, 2010
Reply by Elaine de Saxe

Possible BLF workshops/ seminars

I have had quite a few requests to do some workshops / seminars......... I would just like to gauge the need or possible response to the id…

Started by Anthony Foo

24 May 17, 2010
Reply by Scarlett

Black Chili??

Hi Guys..  Another question.. My Chili plant have a few 'fruits' on them.. it have been green for a while now.. I think a couple of weeks.…

Started by Joanne Chung

7 May 16, 2010
Reply by Jethro

How to Make Chili Plants Perennial

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=697613&p=39#r771 I stumbled upon this fantastic advice on Whirlpool from gimme shel…

Started by Donna

9 May 12, 2010
Reply by Elaine de Saxe

Taste testing pigeon peas

My pigeon pea pods have grown to a decent size, but not yet dried and I thought they look like soy beans being hairy pods... so I thought I…

Started by Florence

25 May 12, 2010
Reply by Scarlett

Arrowroot

This is the first time I've grown arrowroot - please can someone tell me how big they have to be before harvesting the roots? Here's how bi…

Started by Addy

3 May 11, 2010
Reply by Scarlett

PH soil test kit (Manutec)

Morning all. I've bitten the bullet and used the PH test kit I bought some weeks back. Was a little afraid of what I might find to be hones…

Started by Lissa

12 May 11, 2010
Reply by Florence

Fruit fly control

We had a few unusually warm days lately, I've just sown some tomato seeds last week and been thinking about fruit fly control. I've seen fl…

Started by Florence

47 May 4, 2010
Reply by Florence

RSS

Support Brisbane Local Food

Please support our Brisbane Local Food community.  Donations can be made directly to Andy's paypal account.  These are in Australian dollars.  Donations of $5 and above will be gratefully received and used only to pay for BLF web-hosting.  A donation of $25 will pay to host the site for a calendar month!

Donate to BLF on this link

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

© 2018   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service