Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

EXPLORING the FIELD TOGETHER - Q&A (1,336)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Pollinating Corn Questions

At the Garden Visit a few of us got to talking about growing corn and pollination. Every 'silk' is a kernel on the cob and needs to be poll…

Started by Donna

20 Nov 14, 2009
Reply by Donna

Advice Needed - Luffa & Pepino Pests

Luffa Questions I am growing angled luffa from the last two seeds I had, and have noticed that there are a lot of really small fruits that…

Started by Donna

11 Nov 13, 2009
Reply by Scarlett

Bean Questions... and what seeds I am planting now

Wow, well there is something to be said for not having too many seed varieties! Trying to decide what to plant is almost impossible with my…

Started by Donna

17 Nov 2, 2009
Reply by Florence

BEANS, PEAS & SEEDS THAT CAN BE SPROUTED.

Jess Osbornes photo " my alfalfa and watercress " and Scarlett,s Pigeon Pea inquiry got me thinking about sproutting , something we used to…

Started by christopher zane hart

27 Oct 26, 2009
Reply by Scarlett

Cucumber - curious and curiouser!

There is something quite curious happening in my cukie bed - the 2 lebanese cuke plants that are growing on the southern end of the bed are…

Started by Addy

5 Oct 24, 2009
Reply by Addy

In-ground manual waterer

The cones are the trickiest part - originally I bought them at $1 each and made in Australia too - but the produce store doesn't keep them…

Started by Elaine de Saxe

9 Oct 22, 2009
Reply by Florence

Store-bought potatoes

I put in a few kipfler potatoes that I bought cheap in Woolies that were starting to sprout, with store-bought pontiacs and sebagos, and a…

Started by Addy

11 Oct 16, 2009

Pepino - My new favourite fruit tree!

I purchased a small plant at the beginning of September and already have two fruits ripening and a number of flowers even though the bush i…

Started by Donna

2 Oct 11, 2009
Reply by Donna

Amaranth

Cassandra asked me how big amaranth plants grow - I tried to send a picture via a message, but couldn't do it, so I'm attaching a pic here!…

Started by Addy

11 Oct 10, 2009
Reply by Elaine de Saxe

Pea plant ID request

A few of us are looking high and low for Lupins to plant with our Blueberries. Has the Universe sent one to me? You be the judge ... when i…

Started by Elaine de Saxe

12 Oct 6, 2009
Reply by Elaine de Saxe

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Organic Farm Share

Ads by Google

© 2018   Created by Farina Murray.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service