Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

EXPLORING the FIELD TOGETHER - Q&A (1,312)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Anyone heard of (or used) Gibberellic Acid

While looking back through the Seed Savers handbook I saw a mention about spraying Gibberellic Acid to force cabbage to bolt to seed (inste…

Started by Donna

7 Aug 14, 2009
Reply by Anthony Foo

Is this an eggplant plant?

This was self sown - I thought it was an eggplant, but now I'm unsure, because there're these thorns in the middle and the back of the leav…

Started by Addy

13 Aug 13, 2009
Reply by Elaine de Saxe

Cuttings from Tamarillo Trees

I read somewhere recently (and of course can't find it again now grrr) that tamarillo only produce on this seaons growth so should be prune…

Started by Donna

0 Jul 30, 2009

Madeira vine

I've just got an invitation to a "Madeira Vine workshop" - apparently it's a weed that needs to be controlled - good grief, I've got it gro…

Started by Addy

7 Jul 30, 2009
Reply by Donna

Weeds in General

What have we got to lose? Theories abound about the role of weeds and living with them. None of these ideas are mine, I pass them on for…

Started by Elaine de Saxe

2 Jul 29, 2009
Reply by Scarlett

How to Propogate Comfrey

Green Harvest sell comfrey roots that have been cut into 1" sections. I don't have the information sheet with me *of course* but it said to…

Started by Donna

1 Jul 20, 2009

What to Plant in Winter

I have collated this from Gardenate.com which is a really useful website and can also be delivered into your inbox free at regular interval…

Started by Donna

1 Jul 20, 2009
Reply by Addy

Two fruit trees in one hole

As with many people in suburbia, there’s never enough space for trees. I have come across info about planting two or more trees in one hole…

Started by Florence

10 Jul 19, 2009
Reply by Scarlett

Propagating/ Heat Pads

Wondering how other members get things started early for spring/ summer... When I was on another website someone mentioned they had starte…

Started by Donna

3 Jul 17, 2009
Reply by Scarlett

Plant ID

This was I.D.ed as arrowroot before without the flowers and tubers, I thought that's what it was as the chooks are happily munching on it.…

Started by Florence

5 Jul 16, 2009
Reply by Florence

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Organic Farm Share

Ads by Google

© 2017   Created by Farina Murray.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service