Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

EXPLORING the FIELD TOGETHER - Q&A (1,219)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Pumpkins - High Light Intensity inhibits female flowers + questions

Firstly, I found this information in Annette McFarland, Succesful Gardening in Warm Climates on Pg 85 this morning. 'Cucumbers, melons, pu…

Started by Donna

8 Jan 19, 2009
Reply by Anthony Foo

Request from 60 minutes Sydney to interview urban farmers(anyone supplying the greater part of there produce requirements

I have been contacted by a director at 60 minutes to deliver names and contacts of anyone with passion and doing a good job of supplementin…

Started by Anthony Foo

2 Jan 13, 2009

Where do you get... ?

We are currently looking for a number of 'general' items that used to be widely available either cheap, or sometimes even free, but I can't…

Started by Donna

9 Jan 13, 2009
Reply by Scarlett

Leaf bud grafting on Espalier Apple & Nashi

I have two espaliers going at the moment but each only has one leader whereas I need side shoots too. Having never grafted anything before…

Started by Donna

4 Dec 17, 2008
Reply by Donna

Please help me identify my plants

With all the troubles growing from seed recently, I have not kept a record of what was planted where and have a few plants I am not sure ab…

Started by Donna

5 Dec 14, 2008
Reply by Donna

The question of carbon sequestration

Carbon sequestering.......this has become such a common and widely bandied expression over the last couple of years. So much so that it is…

Started by Anthony Foo

3 Dec 3, 2008
Reply by Anthony Foo

Controlling fruit fly

There are several comments starting to exude from the woodwork on fruit fly proliferation, and so I thought it may prove timely to bring fo…

Started by Anthony Foo

2 Nov 10, 2008
Reply by Anthony Foo

How to Make Liquid Fertiliser

I finally got around to buying a big plastic garbage bin, now I just need to check what I can put in to make my own liquid fertiliser. I am…

Started by Donna

5 Nov 5, 2008
Reply by Donna

What will you plant for Spring time?

I'm thinking about a three sisters guild - you plant corn seedlings, and at the foot of each one you plant some climbing bean seeds. Throug…

Started by Scarlett

4 Sep 18, 2008
Reply by Scarlett

Anyone interested in joining a Brisbane Local Seed Network?

I have started 'Brisbane Seed Savers', below is some general information on Local Seed Networks. To join, please complete the Membership fo…

Started by Donna

8 Sep 18, 2008
Reply by Scarlett

RSS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Organic Farm Share

Ads by Google

© 2017   Created by Farina Murray.   Powered by