Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

EXPLORING the FIELD TOGETHER - Q&A (1,280)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Warning notice and BLF member survey (Has anyone received a Make money with google posting on there page????)

One of our members has sent in an alert, she has been spammed its just a little concerning due to the fact that the spammer has not joined…

Started by Anthony Foo

11 Sep 15, 2009
Reply by Donna

How do you crop rotate in a 'permaculture' garden?

My gardens are a mess of different veggies as I am trying to just keep them full - as soon as I harvest one thing, I am planting something…

Started by Donna

7 Aug 31, 2009
Reply by Elaine de Saxe

Planting potatoes

Time to plant those seed potatoes we got from Greenharvest! Just wondered - do you plant them whole? Or segment them? The supermarket ones…

Started by Addy

39 Aug 28, 2009
Reply by Elaine de Saxe

Junior Landcare Pumpkin Challenge

Participants will be sent a free packet of Yates pumpkin seeds and compete to grow the biggest, most enormous pumpkin in Australia. Like la…

Started by Scarlett

14 Aug 27, 2009
Reply by Scarlett

Cauli harvest

Just harvested the first cauli! Such a shame to pull the plant out - it won't sprout another cauli, will it?

Started by Addy

6 Aug 26, 2009
Reply by Elaine de Saxe

Horse manure and Hendra virus

I’ve been getting some horse stable manure from a property gate lately to partially fill up my new veggie beds, but as there’s been cases o…

Started by Florence

7 Aug 18, 2009
Reply by Florence

Rice Hulls

Has anyone used Rice Hulls for mulch or any thing else . the produce at d/bay ( its called REDCLIFFE PRODUCE but is at d/bay ) has 125kg ba…

Started by christopher zane hart

5 Aug 17, 2009
Reply by Scarlett

August moon planting & what's being planted and harvest?

Just thought I will post the moon gardening info from a mag I subscribed to ~ Not my most preferred Mag, but I got a good deal :) I've been…

Started by Florence

9 Aug 15, 2009
Reply by Donna

Anyone heard of (or used) Gibberellic Acid

While looking back through the Seed Savers handbook I saw a mention about spraying Gibberellic Acid to force cabbage to bolt to seed (inste…

Started by Donna

7 Aug 14, 2009
Reply by Anthony Foo

Is this an eggplant plant?

This was self sown - I thought it was an eggplant, but now I'm unsure, because there're these thorns in the middle and the back of the leav…

Started by Addy

13 Aug 13, 2009
Reply by Elaine de Saxe

RSS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Organic Farm Share

Ads by Google

© 2017   Created by Farina Murray.   Powered by