Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

EXPLORING the FIELD TOGETHER - Q&A (1,311)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Open Gardens Scheme - put your garden in?

Queensland's Open Gardens Scheme is now extending to food gardens.   How about your garden?!   Seriously!    The information on how the sch…

Started by Scarlett

12 Jan 28, 2010
Reply by Mark Thomson

Kale

Has anyone grown Red Kale (Russian)? Or grown kale from seed? Last year I had great success with the Scotch Kale that were grown from seedl…

Started by Addy

10 Jan 27, 2010
Reply by Addy

Recipes for success - what are your fundamentals

Am interested to know what other people do that makes their garden a success. My main ones are probably: * water: I try to water deeply a…

Started by Scarlett

17 Jan 26, 2010

Adding photos to blogs

I seem to remember reading someone (Donna?) giving advice on the best way to add photos to blogs... but can't find it... I've loaded my lat…

Started by Addy

5 Jan 25, 2010
Reply by Donna

Vietnamese mint (laksa leaves)

The vietnamese mint has taken over one of my garden beds, which I want to prepare Chinese greens. Tomorrow I am going to pull out heaps of…

Started by Addy

2 Jan 24, 2010
Reply by Addy

Is this damage by bean fly or something else?

Hi everyone, My beans very really produce much at all, and they appear to all shrivel up and died on me.  I've read on another discussion a…

Started by Florence

12 Jan 22, 2010
Reply by Elaine de Saxe

Mustard as green manure question ~

I want to sow some mustard as green manure and for Nematodes control when I empties my nightshade bed.. would be a while yet since I curran…

Started by Florence

16 Jan 21, 2010
Reply by Lotte

Allergic to Curcubits... what do you do?

Whenever I go out and play around in the gardens, I come back inside with very itchy forearms where I have touched the zukes, pumpkins etc.…

Started by Donna

12 Jan 11, 2010
Reply by Elaine de Saxe

Water Tank - Size & Questions/ Comments

We are planning to purchase a water tank and currently investigating options. The current rebate requires it to be plumbed in to the house…

Started by Donna

15 Jan 6, 2010
Reply by Donna

Is this a Rockmelon Cucumber cross?

Does anyone know what this fruit is. It looks like an unripe rockmelon, but tastes like a sweet cucumber. About a week ago we harvested the…

Started by Jacqui

8 Dec 29, 2009
Reply by Donna

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Organic Farm Share

Ads by Google

© 2017   Created by Farina Murray.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service