Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

EXPLORING the FIELD TOGETHER - Q&A (1,237)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Garden visits (transferred from Backyarders)

Chris Z hart posted; Would the members of the backyarders be intrested in visting each others gardens with a view to swap plant material (…

Started by Scarlett

26 Jun 17, 2009
Reply by Scarlett

Potting mix - transferred from Backyarders

Marijke posted: Firstly thanks to Scarlett for hosting us on such an inspiring visit, and to the many lovely backyarders who gave us seeds…

Started by Scarlett

5 Jun 17, 2009
Reply by Scarlett

Coping with Weeds (moved from Backyarders)

How do other people cope with weeds in their veggie gardens? I have raised beds that have a layer of fine cane mulch on them. On the weeke…

Started by Donna

10 Jun 16, 2009
Reply by Donna

Books and gloves and thongs - transferred from backyarders

Marijke said: Just thought I'd say hi. I've just joined this group. Thank you to the network starter (Scarlett?) for doing this. I have bee…

Started by Scarlett

13 Jun 15, 2009
Reply by Scarlett

Fig tree roots - any ideas? (transferred from backyarders)

Amanda posted: My neighbours have a pretty big fig tree next to the fence line which has put roots under the garden shed and is happily ste…

Started by Scarlett

8 Jun 15, 2009
Reply by Scarlett

Pests and problems (transferred from backyarders)

Since the rain I've had a slime rot in my pak choy so I gave the affected ones to the chooks. My artichokes, which were coming on beautiful…

Started by Scarlett

5 Jun 15, 2009
Reply by Scarlett

Sustainable Living Library Seminars

Picked up a brochure from one of the council’s library on last Friday and it is the seminar listings on Sustainable Living from May to July…

Started by Florence

11 Jun 15, 2009
Reply by Donna

Senate Inquiry into food production in Australia

In 2009 the Senate referred to the select committee on agricultural and related industries the matter off ood production in Australia and t…

Started by Scarlett

0 Jun 13, 2009

Red Cross Food Security Report

Red Cross Queensland Division has produced a Food Security Position Paper which includes an overview of which organisations are currently w…

Started by Scarlett

0 Jun 13, 2009

Grow Local SEQ – a community resources directory

Queensland Conservation council has produced the first edition of its community resource for local food production. The publication feature…

Started by Scarlett

0 Jun 13, 2009

RSS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Organic Farm Share

Ads by Google

© 2017   Created by Farina Murray.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service