Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

EXPLORING the FIELD TOGETHER - Q&A (1,464)

Featured Discussions

Needing someone to represent BLF on 31 May 2017

I received this email and hoped that someone would like to represent Brisbane Local Food at these discussions.  I am looking for one volunt…

Started by Andrew CumberlandLatest Reply

REGROW FROM SCRAPS

I follow a blog called HIGH WATER of a young gardener, Rod, who owns a property on Lamb Island. Rod re-posted this on his site - I found th…

Started by LissaLatest Reply

Daley's Nursery outing

Hi Folks, well today, a couple of us BLF's went for a drive to Kyogle to visit the Daley's nursery that we all know and love.. and if you d…

Started by SusanLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Frog Hotel

You may have read this report on a frog hotel in the NT. This is a frog hotel. Ever seen anything like it? Stephani Grove, secretary with B…

Started by Dave Riley

12 on Friday
Reply by Dave Riley

Spineless Prickly Pear Cactus : Nopales -- a celebration. (puntia ficus-indica )

People think I'm mad because I eat cactus. I'm not some health nut or someone ruled by food shibboleths. I just love eating cactus paddles.…

Started by Dave Riley

0 on Friday

Simple Nasturtiums

These are some notes from way back in July 2011,  I thought I might bring them back to the future.  My back garden used to be covered compl…

Started by Christa

4 on Friday
Reply by Sid Saghe

Growing Carrots in Tubes

This spiel is being written on Word. No photos will be added. I have had it with our website. The only reason I am sending this is that Sop…

Started by Roger Clark

3 Feb 18
Reply by Sophie

COMMUNITY SEED BANK AUSTRALIA

https://www.thelostseed.com.au/community-seed-bank-more-info Buy and donate/sell seed: Community Seed Bank (Australia) The UN Food and Agr…

Started by Lissa

0 Feb 13

Sweet potato pests????

Hi. I noticed a few of you growing sweet potatoes in bags/containers or mounds. Do you reuse the potting mix/soil or do you have to start a…

Started by angela holmes

6 Jan 21
Reply by angela holmes

What plant is this?

Can someone please identify this plant. We got the seeds from a BLF member, it is hardy and a prolific summer vegetable. I love it in a sti…

Started by Janet Fong

2 Jan 19
Reply by Janet Fong

POLL: What do you eat/What do you grow?

I was meditating my food consumption as it has changed so much since I do seem now to be eating so little. If nature loves diversity, I ask…

Started by Dave Riley

0 Jan 7

Everbearing and summer/autumn harvest strawberries

Hi all, It's been a while since I posted on here, although I used to be quite active back in the day. It was a fair while ago, but recently…

Started by Rob Walter

0 Jan 6

Planning to survive a Bushfire in Brisbane

The current swathe of bushfires we all know about. But the intensity of the blazes and their aggressive incursions into suburban neighbourh…

Started by Dave Riley

13 Jan 2
Reply by Jeff Kiehne

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service