Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

BOOKS & MOVIES (44)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

building a wood fired oven

am thinking of embarking on a new project any recomendations  books websites or other resources? , looking to build a simple wood fired ove…

Started by marcus beech

6 Sep 30, 2010

Permaculture 2 now for sale again

NB I love this book. I also have the book of ferment and human nutrition and it is phenomenal (as is the Permaculture Manual)   cheers Scar…

Started by Scarlett

5 Jul 29, 2010
Reply by Scarlett

"Natural Control of Garden Pests" by Jackie French

Ripper of a book this one. Jackie is the potion master - and she explains what the mode of action is, how to make the potions, and how to w…

Started by Scarlett

1 May 12, 2010
Reply by Scarlett

Name that Flower - Clarke and Lee

There's a really good and easy to read textbook on botany and how to tell the families apart by inspection/ dissection called "Name that Fl…

Started by Scarlett

5 Feb 26, 2010
Reply by Elaine de Saxe

Bargain books again

I think I have to stop buying gardening books!! Walked past Book Warehouse on Adelaide street near city hall today, thought I will take a…

Started by Florence

1 Jul 17, 2009
Reply by Scarlett

The Carbon Detox

This looks good and it comes up on google as the best carbon calculator out there. I like the approach its taking - check out the chapter h…

Started by Scarlett

0 Jul 17, 2009

The Permaculture Home Garden by Linda Woodrow

'How to grow great-tasting fruit and vegetables the organic way - free of pesticides and chemicals" with a foreword by Bill Mollison. This…

Started by Scarlett

2 Jun 4, 2009
Reply by Scarlett

"Growing and using Vegetables and Herbs" by John Mason - $7.95

I thought I should share ~ just bought a book ("Growing and using Vegetables and Herbs" by John Mason published in 2005) from Borders yeste…

Started by Florence

3 May 23, 2009
Reply by Vanessa Collier

How to Store Your Garden Produce

http://www.sustainableinsight.com.au/shop/how-to-store-your-garden-produce-by-warren-piers-128-page-book.html

Started by Scarlett

0 Jan 22, 2009

Discounted books at Post Office Shop

Hi all, I just been to the Post Office in Brisbane city, and spot a bargain I would like to share. They have a gardening books package on…

Started by Florence

4 Jan 6, 2009
Reply by Donna

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service