Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

BOOKS & MOVIES (44)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Organic control of fruit fly video

Interested in how to control fruit fly organically in your garden? Check out my little you tube video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ugUw

Started by Linda Brennan

2 Mar 18, 2012
Reply by Linda Brennan

"Growing Change" film night: Food Connect. This Friday 9th March, 2012

First in a new series of monthly film nights Cost for dinner & film $15 each for adults, $10 each for kiddies.BYO seating (folding cha…

Started by Scarlett

5 Mar 6, 2012
Reply by Scarlett

Books & Movies

Asian Herbs & Vegetables by Penny Woodward is a book I find very useful, with descriptions, cultivation & uses of some of the more…

Started by Jane

2 Jan 16, 2012
Reply by Jodie Miller

The Illustrated Guide to Chickens How to Choose Them - How to Keep Them

This lovely looking book was advertised in another garden newsletter. Still just a pipedream for me (keeping chooks) but it looked so good…

Started by Lissa

6 Dec 20, 2011
Reply by Lissa

Growing change - documentary

Growing Change is a documentary that looks at one of the most exciting experiments in the world to grow a fair and sustainable food system.…

Started by Scarlett

1 Nov 29, 2011
Reply by Scarlett

Some of my favourite and most useful books

NB apologies if these amazon links don't stay current - and don't be afraid to support your local bookstore, GST or not! :)   These books a…

Started by Scarlett

0 Oct 23, 2011

Book Recommendation needed..

If you are only allow one book to start your 'self-sustain' journey from scratch for your backyard..  What book will that be? and why would…

Started by Joanne Chung

19 Aug 14, 2011

FOOD INC

Finally got hold of a copy of Food Inc and watched it the other day. Good lord. It's all about American food production so I'm wondering wh…

Started by Lissa

6 Jul 7, 2011
Reply by Lissa

Brilliant book - Frugavore by Arabella Forge

i am LOVING this book   she's a nutrionist and peasant eater, the book is totally awesome   NB there's a website too   http://www.frugavo

Started by Scarlett

1 May 10, 2011

Carbon nation movie in cinemas February

http://www.carbonnationmovie.com/about   Apparently this will do for climate change sceptics what An Inconvenient Truth did for believers -…

Started by Scarlett

0 Feb 16, 2011

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service