Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

BOOKS & MOVIES (44)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Want your garden to be a movie star?

I'll try to explain this thread the way that it has "panned out" for me.  It's been a gradual progression over the last 18 months or so.  …

Started by Andrew Cumberland

15 Apr 25, 2015
Reply by Andrew Cumberland

Community Screenings of Fair Food documentary

Hello everyone! We are looking for people/groups to host community screenings of the new Fair Food documentary in the upcoming months.  It…

Started by Louise Abson

1 Mar 4, 2015
Reply by Elaine de Saxe

FUNGI BOOKS

MYCELIUM RUNNING by Paul Stamets AUSTRALIAN SUBTROPICAL FUNGI Online fungi group SEQ FUNGI

Started by Lissa

0 Oct 30, 2014

The Truth About Organic Gardening

My major objection to so much organic discourse is its ready obsession with ANYTHING 'natural'. This book has a different take: The Truth A…

Started by Dave Riley

0 Aug 24, 2014

Nature's Happy Meal - new short film on local food in Cape Town

Nature's Happy Meal is a film about the emerging local food movement in Cape Town, South Africa, as seen through the eyes of three advocate…

Started by Justin Rose

2 Feb 23, 2014
Reply by Jake

Back to Eden

Go HERE to watch the movie in full. Back to Eden : Director: Dana Richardson & Sarah Zentz | Producer: Dana Richardson & Sarah Zent…

Started by Lissa

1 Nov 26, 2013
Reply by Lissa

Annette McFarlane's books cheap at Aldi 31.08.13

Annette McFarlane has recommended that anyone looking for copies of her books check out Aldi on 31st August. They have all three on sale fo…

Started by Lissa

0 Aug 23, 2013

Transition Farms

I can recoment the book Transition Farms by Bev Buckley, all Australian. Bev talks to Farmers & Market Gardeners making the transition…

Started by Jane

0 Jun 8, 2012

Urban Agriculture on Life Matters, Radio National & upcoming speaking date in Brisbane

American farmer, author and photographer Michael Ableman believes that urban agriculture can be the future for food security around the wor…

Started by Scarlett

11 Apr 25, 2012
Reply by gabrielle austerberry

Stephanie Alexander's Kitchen Garden Companion - my new obsession :)

Best xmas gift :) LOVE this book. Indispensable kitchen garden companion. Excellent information and layout. Hours of joy. See here for…

Started by Scarlett

3 Apr 23, 2012
Reply by Shirley

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

VETIVER COMMUNITY PROJECT

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

The Vetiver Community Project is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service