For further information, please contact Greg or Natasha Meszes via mobile numbers: Greg 0403 579 049 or Natasha 0401 203 274
Greg & Natasha are hosting a Strawbale Workshop in September, in Brisbane.
This is a unique opportunity as these courses are rarely held in Brisbane – normally they are held out in regional areas.
Straw bale homes are great for DIY, have fantastic insulating properties which make them warm in winter and cool in summer and are a sustainable building method.
Huff ‘n’ Puff Constructions run regular workshops in many regions of Australia. You can learn all the fundamentals of Strawbale building by actually doing it.
Workshops feature theory sessions as well as hands-on experience with:
• Strawbale wall systems: pre-stressed, load-bearing, bale in-fill and hybrid method
• bale characteristics: weight, size and modifying the bales; moisture, types of straw etc.
• foundations: matching foundations to the building site and conditions
• door and window openings: different methods
• electrical and plumbing: electrical wiring and plumbing requirements for Strawbale building
• bale-wall finishes: plasters and rendering
Cost: $605 (includes GST) per person for the five days of the workshop. This includes morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea every day.
For those interested but unable to attend the whole workshop, please note that price options do exist if you can only attend either 3 or 4 days. Please contact us for further details.