Time: March 24, 2018 at 9am to March 25, 2018 at 4pm
Location: Northey Street City Farm
Street: 16 Victoria Street,
Website or Map: https://www.nscf.org.au/home/…
Event Type: workshop
Organized By: NSCF
Latest Activity: Jan 3, 2018
Saturday the 24th and 25th of March, 2018
9am-4pm: Rocket Stoves with Tim Barker
Come join Tim Barker as we explore the mysteries of rocket stoves.
The emphasis of this workshop will be on the the construction of large rocket stoves for practical applications using where possible recycled materials
Subjects we will cover are:
· Understanding combustion
· Rocket stove history, theory and design
· Materials selection
· Hand tool use
· Stove construction for practical purposes
Typically the first half of day one is fairly theory heavy with a few breaks to have some fun and from there we get into the actual stove building. As discussed earlier we would have some pre fabbed parts to help keep on track.
· Students leave with an understanding of rocket stoves theory.
· Are able to make informed design decisions
· Are able to build any number of different rocket stoves from a variety of materials.
· Are able to work with some simple hand tools safely and effectively to construct objects out of sheet metal.
· Have lots of fun.
Tim is a perennially ash and grease stained appropriate technology tinkerer with a professional mechanical background. A long time Permaculture practitioner in the past he has worker at PRI Australia as farm manager and teacher, with the the Koanga Institute in NZ, Paul Wheatons rocket mass innovators events in the US and with long-time friends The crew at Very Edible Gardens (VEG) in Melbourne where he teaches two or three times a year. He has a Permaculture diploma in Appropriate technology with a specialty in efficient wood combustion.
Cost: $250/$200 Healthcare Card + booking Fee
To book Click Here