What is it all about?
Racecourse Road is a lovely tree-lined boulevard in the historic Brisbane suburb of Ascot.
The Racecourse Road Carnival (more recently known as the Racecourse Road Street Party) was one of the first major festivals in Brisbane — beginning in 1993.
After a pause of two years, it is BACK!
SUNDAY 5th JUNE 9am – 5pm
- The top block on Racecourse Road, from Beatrice Terrace to Lancaster Road, then through the gates of historic Eagle Farm Racecourse … and into the Eagle Farm Fresh Food Markets.
What can you expect?
- A buzzy, fun day packed with activities for everyone
- A stage with top line entertainment – bands (jazz, latin, pop), swing dancing, comedy and a wide range of music
- Street entertainers to put a smile on your face
- 120 top quality stalls, selling local handcrafts, gourmet food, paintings, antiques and of course the huge Eagle Farm Fresh Food Markets
- Narrated bus tours of historic Hamilton Hill – Nundah Historic Society
- Racecourse Road cafes and bars open for drinks and lunch all day
- Racecourse Road boutiques will come out of their shops with amazing specials
- Children’s entertainment area
Parking and transport
- A safe community festival, where you meet your neighbours and have lots of free entertainment
- Eagle Farm Members Carpark – donation to Rotary
- CityCat ferry to Bretts Wharf
- Parking in adjoining streets